Stuka w/Serpent Side Art

I've only seen on google pics of the snake on models or die cast planes. anyone know where a pic is of the actual plane that had this marking?

I was thinking of hand painting on the Airfix 1/24 Stuka.

saw the kit on ebay and it brought back lots of memories. Anyone know if the 1969 release of that kit with the snake was its only release or are the ones you see on ebay offering the kit with 35 year old decals?

thx - Craig

Reply to
who me?

release or are the ones you see on ebay offering the kit with 35 year old decals?>>

Not sure about the Airfix 1/24 kit's age, but I have a 1/32 Revell kit that's been around since the early 70's. I bought it at a show, and I do believe it had what was left of the original decals (dry, cracked, pretty trashed). Fortunately I found another set. I know there's a 1/48 and 1/72 out there as well, Hasegawas I think, but don't quote me on it. As far as pics, I saw it on a book at Oshkosh last week, almost bought it, wish I had now, sorry. There is also a Squadron(?) book on Stukas that shows it.

When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return. --Leonardo Da Vinci

Reply to
Disco -- FlyNavy

The old Profile Publication for the Stuka JU87 A+B has a black and white picture on page 5. Not the best quality photo showing the aircraft in flight with others. I built the Revell 69 release back then and used the decal sheet as a guide to cut stencils to paint the snake. Turned out really well. Between moves and the cats the model didn't survive unfortunately. Seems to me there was a lengthy thread some time back about wether the red and white was accurrate for the coloring. I Think your best bet would be to look for a copy of the old revell decal sheet and get enlarged zerox prints.

Val Kraut

Reply to
Val Kraut

Since I haven't started my 1/32 kit yet I still have the replacement decal sheet. Not sure how we could make 1/24 decals from it, but.... Any ideas anyone?

When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return. --Leonardo Da Vinci

Reply to
Disco -- FlyNavy

copy cop, kinko's.....

If I did the quick math in my head right, you want to divide 1/24 by 1/36, rule is invert denomenator and multiply, so this becomes 1/24 X 36/1 or

36/24 or 1.5. So take the decals to a zerox machine and enlarge 150%. Use the resulting print(s) to cut the stencils for your 1/24th aircraft. You might consider leaving some cross strips in the background stencil to get the snake in place at the right width and then remome them with a sharp blade after sticking the stencil in-place and before airbrushing. The biggest fun you'll have with stencils is the thin black outlines on the swatstikas

Val Kraut

"
Reply to
Val Kraut

OOPS really did the math too quick its 1/24 over 1/32 so 32/24 =4/3 = 1.33 so 133% - sorry - shouldn't do math while eating.

Reply to
Val Kraut

As I recall there were two a/c with snakes a nd there are pics of both of them in the Osprey book. hth

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper