Revell F/A-18

I recently picked up a Revell 1:48 "CF-18 Hornet 'D-Day'" kit from 1994 on ebay. Upon inspection, the kit seems to have strange air intakes that are somewhat flattened on the outside edge, unlike the F/A-18's characteristic 'D' shape, which I can't see on any images of the Monogram kit I can find. (Although I'd admit that the pictures I can find aren't too clear in this area.) Are these weird intakes the big issue with the Monogram kit, or has Revell Germany reboxed someone else's kit?

MAtt

Reply to
Killfile

keep the decals and get a different kit. I had bought one as well and found it to be a very poor F-18. The Revell F-18C can be modified to be a CF-18 easily enough and those markings would look great on it.

regards,

Reply to
tony