New Revell F/A-18E

Y'all reckon the new kit - due in December will be a new mold or just a borrowed re-pop of Italeri's?

Reply to
N.O.Y.F.B.

New mould...no question. Already confirmed months ago. Pete

Reply to
Texvafam

I read a review of the kit in a british hobby mag and it describes the Italeri kit almost perfectly... Errors and all... I'm betting it'll be a re-box.

Marv Mays webmaster (AT) scalejets (DOT) net

Marv Mays

Also see related Inbox review by Geoff Goldfen for Italeri F/A-18E Super Hornet

Kit: Revell Kit #04605 F/A-18E Super Hornet

...well, no more to say than Revell kit #04605 is nothing else than a repackaged Italeri kit #083. What a disappointment! You may go to DejaNews for details. FWIW, here's a brief summary:

  • Noticeably fictitious cockpit which barely fits into fuselage
  • Mediocre quality tooling (bad edge definition, panel line sharpness)
  • Panel lines overdone (this is supposed to be a stealthy bird, folks)
  • Airbrake non-existant with the real Bug (easily fixed)
  • Bad fit by todays standards (talking about 1-2mm gaps here)
  • Intake interior detail worse than none (intake covers mandatory)
  • Stores numerous but out of shape
  • Very noticeable wing fold line, and covers wrong

at

?

Reply to
EGMcCann

Scale Aviation Modeler International VOl. 9 Issue 3 Page 220 has the review for the upcoming 1/48 scale Revell Germany F/A-18E and it states it is an Italeri re-box with Revell decals. The reviewer, D.C. Francis, confirms that this kit is an Italeri re-box. The box art shown is R/G #04515... Markings are for VFA-115 and VFA-14.

I'm not sure if this will be the same plastic as the R/M # 5519... Until about an hour ago, I didn't even realize these were two separate releases... Strange that they would issue an Italeri re-box right on the heels of a "new molded" kit here in the States, if that's the case. I'll have to make a note to buy myself one of the R/M kits for Xmas so I'll know for sure!

Marv Mays webmaster (AT) scalejets (DOT) net

Marv Mays

"Marv Mays" waxed lyrical news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

Reply to
Drewe Manton

Same kit, raised panel lines and all... :(

--scott

Reply to
Scott Truesdell