Revell's F-18E

Is this kit a Hasagawa kit? Seems like Hasagawa has a F model in the wings and the way the kit is broken down would sure show that a two seater can not be far off. Also we've seen quite a few Hasagawa kits in Revell's boxes the last few years.

TIA

Mike

Reply to
MQM107

No, it is a new tool mold completely independent of the Hasegawa kit and the old Italeri kit. Hasegawa is releasing an -F first, however their mold is made in such a way that it will be later released as a -E. Similarly, the new Revell-Monogram kit is an -E, but the mold is broken down such that it can be later released as an -F. Eventually, you'll see both versions from both companies.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Williams

Thanks Dave. And thats just what I was afraid of two new kits. If it was the same molds I could wait till Revell released the two seater F-18F. And then there will be the debates on which is the best. Does anyone know the country of origin for the Revell mold's?

Mike

Reply to
MQM107

Made In China.

Well, I've just helped fund J10 development.

Reply to
Brooklyn Modeler

Of course that assumes the molds and molding were done in the same place.

Reply to
Brooklyn Modeler

Yes - I hear it's going to be a co-release similar to the Arado 234 kits.

Don't know who the basic molds belong to, though...

Reply to
Rufus

If I'm wrong and that's true...THANK GOD...

I'll wait for the Hasegawa kit then.

Reply to
Rufus

It is true. The new Revell kit is in no way related to the Hasegawa kit. The Hasegawa kit has positionable flaps and rudders, and a 5-wet loadout of drop tanks. OTOH, it is considerably more expensive, and has no weapons other than a pair of AIM-9X and AIM-120.

Here is a shot of the Hasegawa sprues:

And you can see the Revell sprues here:

Dave

Reply to
Dave Williams

Fantastic. I can live with the lack of ords...the -9X will go into my spares box...where I'll get what need to load the model. Just give me an accurate airframe.

So far, I'd rate the Hasegawa F/A-18E and F in 1/72 the best ones out there, even though they do have a couple minor flaws. Glad to see they put thier good work into the new kit. Shame they didn't get the new heat exchanger exhausts into the kit, but it looks a beauty. I'll buy a couple.

I hope they're working on a 1/32 one as well...

Reply to
Rufus