F/A-18E intakes

Hi,

I am building Revell's Super Hornet and just have assembled the intake trunks which are to be painted white inside. So far, so good. Revell says they should be white from front to rear. Now I wonder if that is right. Should they not have a front edge in the underside colour Light Compass Grey? At least the decals for the intake insides are in dark grey... Can anyone help? My pics all have that area in the shadows...of course. TIA Ingo

Reply to
Ingo Degenhardt

Does this help at all ?

Here is another pic:

Chris

Reply to
CCBlack

Yes - they are grey a goodly way into the intake. On the real jet, about the length of your forearm at the lower lip.

Try looking at these:

...that should be enough.

Reply to
Rufus

Damn - those are nice pics!

Reply to
Rufus

Great! Why was I not able to find those pics? ....strange... But thanks a lot!!! :-) ingo

Reply to
Ingo