Tornado F.3

Hello. Does anyone have the colours for Tornado F.3. new or the old desert storm.

Regards

Reply to
André

The colour reference that I have is: BS381C:626 (Barley Grey) for underside of wings, tailerons and central section of underside and BS381C:627 (Light Aircraft Grey) for all the upper surfaces. The nose cone is painted Dark Sea Grey (no BS reference). All these colours are satin sheen.

Humbrol references are: 164 (Dark Sea Grey) 166 (Light Aircraft Grey) and

167 (Barley Grey)
Reply to
Roger Demming

Thank you. The reference on italeris F.3 127 under, 140 upper and 140 nose. Seemed much to light, almost white...

regards André

"Roger Demm>

Reply to
André

Maybe the colours were specified for scale effect? Anyway the colour of the nose cone can vary quite a bit from the dark sea grey to a grey that is nearly the same shade as the rest of the aircraft. Try the link here to help you make up your own mind about the colours.

HTH

Reply to
Roger Demming

Roger, are you certain that Barley Grey is on the undersurfaces? Somewhere I got the idea that that shade was on the upper surfaces and Light Aircraft Grey was under.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

I'm seconding Bill on that - all my refs show LAG on the undersides. The theory is that it evens out the tonal shadow effects with light from above, having lighter grey on the lower surfaces and a darker one on the uppers. Chek

Reply to
Chek

Bill, you are quite correct, I have just rechecked against photos that I have of the F3 and it is indeed LAG on the undersides and BG on the upper surfaces. Such a silly mistake to make.

Reply to
Roger Demming

I agree, see my relpy to Bill.

Sorry for the c> I'm seconding Bill on that - all my refs show LAG on the undersides.

Reply to
Roger Demming

rog' that.

i will double check the references that i have.

if you are superdetialing remember that some of the gulf war one fittings on the F3 are NOT the same as those on the ones that were in gulf war 2.

trevor

Reply to
87015

If you read this group regularly you already know I frequently insert my foot in the keyboard. ;)

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak