Revell Ju 290, other versions coming?

Well, the header says it all. Does Revell have plans to market any other version of the Ju 290 than the one that is available right now? Does the breakup of fuselage parts give a hint?

Robert Lundin _______________

Aircraft Walkaround Center

Robert Lundin

Robert Lundin schrieb:

I'm not sure but I have read it in a german magazine, that Revell have plans to produce anohter version in the year 2005.

Robert

Reply to
schoro

Any possibility of another version of the BV-222 flying boat?

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

I thought they were going to do the A-7 variant

Alastair Macfarlane

Reply to
Alastair Macfarlane

Well, upon looking at the parts breakdown, I must agree that the kit looks as if prepared for other version(s) too. However, if you looked at their BV222 and He177 you would end up with same conclusion, but as we all know those were the only versions released by Revell.

Marko Soletic

Reply to
Marko Soletic

Just look at their 1:32 scale kits, the Thypoon seems to have a "plug" in the cockpit section making it possible to release a bubbletop as well, but I've never seen one. The Hunter has a breakdown that allows tail with or without brakechute, wings with or without "Dogtoth" or nose section alloving change to a two seater. Thats a lot of possebilities that haven't been taken up this far.

Reply to
Claus Gustafsen

Squadron's been advertising a bubble canopy for the Typhoon for a couple of years, but it's apparently never come in stock. Maybe it's like that outfit that makes decals for a 1/72 Vautour that kits of aren't really available. Also, ISTR in the Testor's SR-75 kit, there are what appear to be holes near where the optional position (extended or retracted) canards attach that look like hinge pin type holes for movable canards, maybe.

Reply to
famvburg

The old Mach injection molded Vautour is somewhat crude and very hard to find.

I think that Isradecal is counting on Revell or even Mach 2 doing the Vautour eventually. After all they did the Atlantic.

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

I wouldn't be surprised to see Mach 2 do a Vautour. Is their Alize the old Mach molding or their own? I built the Mach one about 15 or so years ago.

Reply to
famvburg

Mach 2 was started by Didier Palix. He used some of the people who did the Mach series of kits, but I don't have both of the Alize kits to compare.

Anybody?

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72