Ju-88A4 ProMod.

Just picked one up on eBay very cheap. There seems to be a glut oif them recently as well as the Revell 1/48 Ju-52 which I may bve weakening on.

Anyway, first rate, box was opened but the parts bags are inside a larger bag. I think it may be a buyer's market right now.

This means I have the Luftwaffe's big (medium?) 3 the He 111, the Do-17 and now the Junkers in 1/48. Since I want to do them all as BoB period the A4 is bit late, A1 is more appropriate.

Anyone know if someone does a conversion kit of some sort. Do you think it would fairly easy to scratch? I need to do more research but basically shorten the wingspan, change out the engines, delete some guns?

What say you?

Frank

Reply to
Gray Ghost

Check here. I thought the A-5 and A-4 were the most-used during the B of B. MDC's work is top-notch.

Curt

No-one seems to have addressed the basic shortcomings in the kit's tail area. The basic fuselage is common to the Dragon Ju88G variants which used the larger rudder assembly. If you compare photographs between the A and G sub-types you will see that the differences are not limited to the rudder and fin, the fuselage forward of this area needs to be re-shaped for a more authentic looking Ju88A. There are conversions for the A-1 type but as far as I am aware these do not address the basic fuselage shape. Cheers, Bill.

Reply to
Bill Davies

IIRC, didn't the A 5 come before the A 4 ? (I only have 8 of the DML/Revell Ju 88 kit's and

4 JU 188's, and 2 Mistels)

The Aries resin cockpit for the A 4 is GORGEOUS !!!!!!!

Couple of things here. Be forewarned (!!) that the rear fuselage sections need to be either 1) glued together very carefully, than mated and seams filled when mating to the front fuselage halves. Or... 2) glue the front and rear sides to each other, than trap the cockpit between the complete left and right fuselage parts. (and pray you got the wing fillet just right) (not sure about the A 4, I have worked on the Ju 188 E, and G 6 kit's)

Also glue the outer wing sections to themselves than work the fit of the complete upper and lower wings. The alternative is to glue the upper and lower wingtip halves together than find that either the top, or the bottom will not sit level with the main wing. The ailerons might be a pain too..... (depending on how ya test fit, and work them...)

Remember these are ex DML kit's. A LOT of measuring and test fitting (with corresponding sanding/filler) will make them go together fine.

Allan

Only A Gentleman Can Insult Me And A True Gentleman Never Will

Reply to
AM

grey snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Gray Ghost) wrote in news:Xns965CF034178C0Wereofftoseethewizrd@127.0.0.1:

Thanks for the answers guys.

And since I'm a glutton for punishment abd a cheap deal, what about the AMT and Hobbycraft kits. Easier build, accuracy? They are certainly inexpensive.

Reply to
Gray Ghost

inexpensive.

Awful, truly awful. I had the Hobbycraft kit on the bench for a few years before the Dragon/Revell A4 apeared. I have an old AMT version in the stash, both are very poor indeed. The Dragon moulds may have a few problems, but they are generations ahead of the other options. Cheers, Bill.

Reply to
Bill Davies