Finnish AF F-18 Hornet walkaround, on my home page

I have added a walkaround of the Finnish Air Force's F-18 Hornet on my home page. There are also some pics of a Swiss Hornet and a description of modifications made to Finnish F-18's.

Vesa Halme

Vesa Halme avait énoncé :

Nice work ! Thanks

Reply to
Flying Frog

Nice snaps - though the ALE-47 is also common to some later Lot USN Hornets, and not a Finn-specific modification, if it makes any difference.

Reply to
Rufus

Late lot US, all Swiss and Finnish Hornets at least, yes. I'm not sure about Thai and Kuwaiti Hornets.

Reply to
Vesa Halme

As far as I know, we haven't sold any of them to Thailand, but to Malaysia...and now you have me scratching my head as to that configuration.

I do think the Kuwaiti ones are ALE-39 equipped though...but now I'll have to check them both.

Reply to
Rufus

Malaysia only has F/A-18D models, hower they are all late lot birds with features similar to Finnish and Swiss hornets. Namely, the twin ALE-47 dispensers, GPS, NACES seats, etc.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Williams

Yes - eight of them. Pretty, weren't they?..

Rufus

Yes, they are. As soon as the Academy 1/32 -D is released, I'll be building one with the F-4Dable decals.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Williams

That's a really nice decal set. Very nice that they caught all of the screw-ups in the national insignia...

Only thing missing is the door numbers, as I recall. The access panel door numbers are black as well (and pretty visible in 1/32 against FS36118 Gunship Grey), so I'd think if you get hold of the ones from a

1/32 F-15 sheet you should be able to complete the marking set. That would look way-cool.
Reply to
Rufus