We need to have a single room for modelling chat ...away from the the net nutcases

Hello all...we need to have a posting site about models that isnt interuppted by the nutcase fraternity.........no religious ramblings...etc just a great modelling chat...................so how do we go about that ??????????????Any ideas ???

Reply to
Arcusinoz

Arcusinoz a pensé très fort :

There is a chat on the FFSMC, and it's only dedicated to scale modelling... Religion, politics and others are forbidden !

Reply to
Flying Frog

Amen to that! ;-)

Reply to
Blackbird

There are a bazillion moderated groups around, such as the many on Yahoo.

But, I feel these complaints about "politics and religion" in scale modeling is *very* "weenie-ish". After all, at any gathering of model builders...what do we talk about. It is not *all* about "scale modeling". We *do* discuss politics, and often religion....and about

50% of the discussion is rather politically-INcorrect, off-color, ribald jokes...lol.
Reply to
Greg Heilers

"Greg Heilers" wrote

Don't even bother trying to justify it, Greg. If people aren't even able/willing to leave obviously OT headers unopened and obviously OT posts unread, I have no sympathy - they should just go elsewhere.

It seems their ideal is ONE site that covers ALL models and ONLY models. This neglects the fact that to many car modelers, aircraft are OT, to some armor modelers, ships are OT, and so on. The fact that they might have to look in several places to get what they want is a reality the whiners just can't seem to be able to bear.

KL

Reply to
Kurt Laughlin

instead of running, make sure the criminal garbage gets caught.

I am not trying to justify it, nor do I feel it even needs justification. It is simply a truth in life: Modelers have interests other than "modeling". And most are politically aware, and have no qualms about expressing that. Big deal. So what? Maybe it is different in some parts of the world, but here (Texas)...more discussions relating to politics, current events, religion, etc. (in addition to modeling and history); take place at "modeler get-togethers", than in any other type of gathering. And we tell the best, hilarious, insensitive, off-color, off-topic, politically or religiously-themed jokes that you will ever run across......

.....and the hobby still survives and thrives. Imagine that....

If some are too insensitive to be amidst such behavior...then they would undoubtedly be uncomfortable at *any* big model contest...lol.

It was at a big model show, where I recently saw a gent wearing a spectacular T-Shirt emblazoned with:

Graduate of The Ted Kennedy Lifeguard Academy "To Self-Protect and Be Serviced"

:o)

Reply to
Greg Heilers

'We'? You got a mouse in your pocket?

chat...................so

'We' would need a full-time moderator. Do you volunteer?

Reply to
Al Superczynski

Yes, please ignore the offending posts. My ISP is apparently very good at screening most of these out. The only way I see them at all is when "Re:" something is a header. Had you not responded to it at all, I would not have seen it nor would this thread be going. By responding the these posts, you are sending them to many folks who would never have gotten them without your passing them on. They die when they are ignored. Jerry 47

Reply to
jerry 47

Hyperscale has moderated chat rooms, very civil! It's a little complicated to get initial acess but after that, it's quite pleasant.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

Interesting. Can you say Pot, Kettle, Black ?

Thought so...........................

Allan

Reply to
AM

You are so totally wrong!

I saw a posting wih a subject line which I agreed with. So, I read it and left my reply. I even tried to inject some humor into it...

I don't think it is off-topic to actually discuss the way this group works. I'm not *THAT* anal!

If you search the groups archive you'll see that I mostly do as I preach. But nobody is perfect. What I object to is the copious quantities of off-topic ramblings usually posted by the same certain individuals. That is my gripe. I wish we could stay more focused on the main subject of this group.

And I'm not even mentioning the silly cross-posters or spammers here.

Peteski

Reply to
Peter W.

You've never served in the military, have you? ;-p

Reply to
Al Superczynski

No...but I figured that someone who was uncomfortable about hearing such things from modelers, in a modeling forum...never did either...lol.

Reply to
Greg Heilers

And you never worked construction did you :)

You have neve heard bad language before. I mean to a lot of these people, a shovel is an advanced piece of technology........................ (they all seem to know about gravity tho)

I dont think I ever heard of a female being reffered to as a woman. Lot's of other 4 letter words, but that is as far as their voculabuary seemd to go..............

Allan

Only A Gentleman Can Insult Me And A True Gentleman Never Will

Reply to
AM

What's a holly war? Does it have something to do with trimming one's hedges?

Reply to
Bill Woodier

these are the same guys that let wives and gf's emasculate them every day. i saw a98lb gf smack a 200 lb ironworker like a bitch. in front of his buddies. what did he do? hung his head. and his buddies? they wormed away eyes down.

Sheesh, that is nothing jeeze Been there and done that. And all the buddies think is that they are glad it wasn't them AT THAT TIME. Theirs came later that night. I proffered getting it over with early in the day.

My EX got through that phase, and came after me with a knife twice........ Got sliced the first time, and I divorced her after the second......................... Believe it or not, now we are very close friends :)

What's more, she is 110% behind our younger son in the infantry !!! Our son graduated basic and is now off to his REAL job. Couldn't be more proud !!

1 - 25 SBCT (Stryker Brigade Combat Team)

Allan

Only A Gentleman Can Insult Me And A True Gentleman Never Will

Reply to
AM

as the man said, the universe if far stranger than you can imagine. isn't macho spanish for wuss?

Well I look at it this way......

My EX was/is very physically fit, and aggressive. There is an excellent upside to that, and one that is very much a lot of fun :) A calm and sedate life I have not had. lol

Besides........... Being the father of two young men who are very successful ?

PRICELESS !!