How do I open Sentry safe. The code I have is LL-MM-NN?

We have a safe in our garage. Safe is made by Sentry. We also have a code to open the safe (LL-MM-NN). Code is written on the door. I beleive I know how to open it, I have been using some locks like this before. You take a first number from the code, and turn the lock right, take second number turn left,etc,etc... But I could be wrong. It does not open.

Anyway, the person that gave us the safe 3-4 years ago does not remember too much and just says that she has used a safe but does not ever remember locking it up.

Any ideas?? Look stupid to me to go and by same type of safe, but new. Probably will be about $100.00?

Reply to
Mark

I ASSUME LL is a number?

3 times left, stop on LL RIGHT, stopping when MM comes up the SECOND TIME.. LEFT, stopping when NN comes up..

STOP. turn handle.

--Shiva--

Reply to
--Shiva--

Shiva, your thinking commercial safe, this is a sentry. I believe he is correct with the RLR. Turn the dial right 3 times and stop on the first number. Then left past the number 1 time stopping on it the second time. Then right to the last number. Pull the handle. If that doesnt' work, try combinations close to it. Say 5 numbers off in each direction. Sentry's are fairly sloppy.

Jack

Reply to
Jack

Note that one of the differences between most safe locks and the Sentry locks is that they don't have movable flies, so there's more difference between the LRL and RLR combinations.

(Most mechanical safe locks can be opened either way, but the numbers will be somewhat different due to details of the lock's operation.)

Reply to
Joe Kesselman

LOL.. I 'think' I opened one once for an old lady.. she had 'mental issues', but had the combo.. sorry bout that..

--Shiva--

Reply to
--Shiva--

Dealing with some of the people that we deal with on a daily basis, its no wonder we forget to put our own clothes on somedays. LOL

Reply to
Jack