Modela kits

I have two Modela kits, a Blanik and a Lunak. They are both excellent kits. I have looked on every site I know, plus google searches for more information about Modela or other kits they make, whether gliders or not, but I haven't found anything.

Does any one know any more about this company? Do they have a web site, do they make any other kits and who sells them, are they still in business?

Thanks

Simon M.

Reply to
Simon M.

Is this their website?

-- John

Reply to
Old Timer

Thanks for the reply John, but I'm pretty sure that's not it. They done't make any aircraft, and the font they use for 'Modela' is different. I think the Modela I am interested in is Czech or possibly Slovak,

Reply to
Simon M.

Bill,

If you are interested in sailplanes, try these links:

You can also look for MiKu, Vami nd Dujin kits.

Thanks for your response.

Simon

Reply to
Simon M.

Most definitely Czech. My penfriend sent me copies of both. AFAIK that's the extent of their line and I haven't heard from them since the 'Velvet Revolution'. I'm assuming they did not survive the change.

They are very nice, simple kits that make up into something not often seen - sailplanes. The only others I'm aware of are the old Frog Hotspur and a series done in Poland, all in 1/72.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Slightly off-scale (supposedly HO, but closer to 1:100) are a pair from Faller, the HKS (two one-piece "models" with seperate canopies in one box), and a couple sailplane and motor-gliders from Revell (AG - I think) and done for model railroads.

Reply to
Old Timer

These two gliders are now sold by Conrad Electronic

may not be sold in every country, but you can get it from the Slovenian branch.

Cheers,

Bostjan

Sim> I have two Modela kits, a Blanik and a Lunak. They are both excellent

Reply to
Bostjan Lemut

Actually, just came from eBay, where I saw a number of 1:72 and 1:48 sailplane models. Didn't look at many of them, but most seemed to be resin. Keyword would be model sailplane. HTH,

-- John

Reply to
Old Timer