Anybody in So. Cal want some surface grinders?

Im closing down Mathews Gauge in Santa Ana, California, and Im up to my ass in suface grinders. Some Harigs, some Mitusa (nice!!)
Look em up or drop me an email and Ill turn you on to them.
There is probably 10 or more left over, some centerless grinders (Cincys) and a shitload of KwickWays.
Gunner
--
"President Obama is not going to lose. He will be re-elected. It is those of
you who have these grand fantasies of that pip-squeak Romney actually having

I'd love to have a centerless. What's the deal?
Harold
On Sun, 04 Nov 2012 05:35:30 GMT, "Harold & Susan Vordos"

http://www.matthewsgauge.com/
Call em Monday. Ask for Jeff. Tell em Gunner told you about their machines and you are interested in one.
They also have surface grinders with centerless attachments, which for small stuff..works pretty well.
Gunner
--
"President Obama is not going to lose. He will be re-elected. It is those of
you who have these grand fantasies of that pip-squeak Romney actually having
On Sun, 04 Nov 2012 05:35:30 GMT, "Harold & Susan Vordos"

Btw..I sold 3 Harig surface grinders with GOOD magnetic chucks for $500 each. With DROs.
Just a heads up.

--
"President Obama is not going to lose. He will be re-elected. It is those of
you who have these grand fantasies of that pip-squeak Romney actually having
wrote: <snip> > Btw..I sold 3 Harig surface grinders with GOOD magnetic chucks for

Thanks, Gunner. Wish the timing was better for me.
Harold
On Mon, 05 Nov 2012 07:18:39 GMT, "Harold & Susan Vordos"

If you can afford one, I can hold it for you for however long (less than 6 months...please!). When you are ready..I can ship it properly or see about getting it delivered to you. Ive got a guy who goes East with some regularity.
Id like some of my people to score some of this stuff.
I snagged a Hardinge DV-59 with a tailstock and an x/z table rather than a turret. Turrets can be found easily enough..shrug so Ill have a 3rd lathe collecting chips in the shop, unless some model maker wants it more than I do. Also snagged a 3 cabinet Kennedy rollaway. And a bunch of other Stuff. Complete DROs that were removed from surface grinders, some with scales, others just the head..some sets of scales (mostly Sony...center pin) etc etc.
I hate to see them shutting down, they were good customers and Jeff is a good friend.
The economy...shrug
Gunner
--
"President Obama is not going to lose. He will be re-elected. It is those of
you who have these grand fantasies of that pip-squeak Romney actually having

Thanks, Gunner. I've sent an inquiry to see what I can learn. I'll let you know what shakes out. Shipping would be an issue. Do keep in mind, I'm in Washington State, not too far (14 miles) off the I-5 freeway.
Harold
On Tue, 06 Nov 2012 09:37:50 GMT, "Harold & Susan Vordos"

Sent?
Call the guy!! He is simply too damned busy to screw with emails. He is shutting down a 50 yr old family business.
Sigh
Emails are for people who have time to sit and read em
Gunner
--
"President Obama is not going to lose. He will be re-elected. It is those of
you who have these grand fantasies of that pip-squeak Romney actually having

Not so! I got a pleasant response---including the fact that the centerless grinders are gone, and a short note on why the business is closing. Typical BS, whereby family can't get along. Sure as hell sounds familiar (the family from which I came operated like a pig on stilts). Father died, and they have no plans for further operations, as he was the brains of the thing.
Thanks, bud..
Harold

I swear I responded to this, but it isn't showing up on my end.
Contrary to your thoughts, Jeff responded with a brief message, including the fact that the business is folding because of the death of their father, resulting in a lack of direction, and the ability of the family to do business together. A sad commentary, and all too common. Sounds very familiar. :-(
He advised that all of the centerless grinders are gone.
Harold
On Sat, 10 Nov 2012 04:38:04 GMT, "Harold & Susan Vordos"

Thanks Harold. Looks like my efforts have been paying off. Did he have anything else you needed?
Gunner
--
""The Democratic constituency is just like a herd of cows. All you have
to do is lay out enough silage and they come running. Thats why I

I didn't inquire of anything else. That may not be the case if I was using my shop, but I'm still working on the house, living in the shop. I expect it won't be more than a couple more months, though. It's been a dreadfully long project--more than 11 years. I've grown old while building.
That's the reason I commented on the timing being wrong, although, to be truthful, I need a centerless about like I need a second ex-wife. Still, I'd love to have one (a centerless, that is!)
Some of my fondest memories of my productive years were those from the time I spent in precision grinding. I was, and still am, dazzled by centerless grinders. In the hands of talented individuals, they are one of the most productive of machines, and very capable of extreme precision. Besides, they're just plain damned fun to operate!
When I finally get in the shop, I hope to pick up where you and I left off a year ago or so, on a control for the heat treat furnace I have. I hope you still have something to offer. Until then, I really can't make any decisions. Very difficult to access the furnace, as it is in storage, surrounded by other items.
Thanks, Gunner. Always a good friend.
Harold
On Sun, 11 Nov 2012 06:36:21 GMT, "Harold & Susan Vordos"

You need a temp control for the furnace? Email me your addy..and Ill box up a Honeywell for you and stick in some platinum thermocouples.
Pay me when you get around to it. Next month, next year..no biggy.
Gunner
--
""The Democratic constituency is just like a herd of cows. All you have
to do is lay out enough silage and they come running. Thats why I

Email sent to the gmail address. Thanks.
Harold
Gunner, Give me a call.
951-245-8850
On Thu, 15 Nov 2012 09:50:19 -0800 (PST), "\"D\""

What did Dave have to say?
Gunner

I left a viocemail, didnt get a call back, yet.
On Sat, 17 Nov 2012 05:48:20 -0800 (PST), "\"D\""

Keep calling. He will be back in California Tue or Wed. If he sells you something thats already been trucked to Kingman...he needs to know to bring it back.
Gunner
I could use some grinders-
On Saturday, November 17, 2012 7:44:32 PM UTC-8, Gunner wrote:

On Saturday, November 17, 2012 7:44:32 PM UTC-8, Gunner wrote:

On Mon, 26 Nov 2012 02:17:26 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

What kind? Harig or Mitsui surface grinders?
Gunner