Anybody in So. Cal want some surface grinders?

Im closing down Mathews Gauge in Santa Ana, California, and Im up to my ass in suface grinders. Some Harigs, some Mitusa (nice!!)

Look em up or drop me an email and Ill turn you on to them.

There is probably 10 or more left over, some centerless grinders (Cincys) and a shitload of KwickWays.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner

I'd love to have a centerless. What's the deal?

Harold

Reply to
Harold & Susan Vordos

Call em Monday. Ask for Jeff. Tell em Gunner told you about their machines and you are interested in one.

They also have surface grinders with centerless attachments, which for small stuff..works pretty well.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner

Btw..I sold 3 Harig surface grinders with GOOD magnetic chucks for $500 each. With DROs.

Just a heads up.

Reply to
Gunner

Thanks, Gunner. Wish the timing was better for me.

Harold

Reply to
Harold & Susan Vordos

If you can afford one, I can hold it for you for however long (less than 6 months...please!). When you are ready..I can ship it properly or see about getting it delivered to you. Ive got a guy who goes East with some regularity.

Id like some of my people to score some of this stuff.

I snagged a Hardinge DV-59 with a tailstock and an x/z table rather than a turret. Turrets can be found easily enough..shrug so Ill have a

3rd lathe collecting chips in the shop, unless some model maker wants it more than I do. Also snagged a 3 cabinet Kennedy rollaway. And a bunch of other Stuff. Complete DROs that were removed from surface grinders, some with scales, others just the head..some sets of scales (mostly Sony...center pin) etc etc.

I hate to see them shutting down, they were good customers and Jeff is a good friend.

The economy...shrug

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner

Nice pricing, I'd love to add a surface grinder to my shop. Any ideas on shipping costs to TX?

Reply to
Pete C.

"Pete C." fired this volley in news:5097d2d8$0$5441 $ snipped-for-privacy@newsreader.readnews.com:

And to Florida?

Lloyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

None whatsoever. As I indicated...a buddy goes East with some regularity.

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

Drop him an email and ask. He also gets very very very good discounts on freight. He buys and sells a lot of machinery.

His name is Leigh Knudson

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner

See previous post for contact information

Reply to
Gunner

Gunner fired this volley in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Actually, Gunner, I didn't ask the real question -- do you have any more with the chucks and with the DROs for that same price?

I'd be in for one, pretty much regardless of the shipping cost, as long as it can be rigidly palleted. I get some pretty good shipping prices.

Lloyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

Call Jeff and find out. I know he is selling the Mitsuis for $1000. With Sony DROs, or Mititoyo DROs.

And they are very very good machines. Might even get him to toss in one of the cylindrical grinder attachments for small parts.

Tell him Mark/Gunner referred you.

Call him tommorow!!

Anyone need Optical Comparitors? There are at least 12 of them..all with DROs. Probably get one for $500 .

These are all Working machines that come right off the shop floor.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner

Gunner fired this volley in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I came in late. Who's Jeff? What number?

$1000 is not too bad, but it's not $500 "with a good chuck"; it's $1000.

I might still be in, but would need to know more.

TMT... it wouldn't _appear_ that Gunner is offering this as his, only representing the seller. So why question whether or not he owns it? Wouldn't I want to question the seller, instead?

And since when is a "rep" not entitled to a cut, if he sells a product for someone? A representative's selling an item he did not make or own is not "doing nothing". It's the foundation of how US manufacturing always did and still does business. That would still be the case whether I loved Gunner or hated him as you do. I don't -- either one.

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

I guess you did come in late....

2101 So Hathaway Street ? Santa Ana ? CA ? 92705

Phone (714) 540-2846 * Fax (714) 540-6158

Jeff Matthews is one of the owners. Its a family operation and they are closing down.

He has Harig surface grinders, Mitsui Surface grinders, Cincy centerless grinders ( Heavy!!) and other Stuff.

I helped load a dumpster with 3 TONS of grinding wheels, most near new. A significant number of which were 6x1x 1.25 grinding wheels

I think..think this is Jeffs email addy..but I strongly suggest you call him rather than email him.

snipped-for-privacy@matthewsgauge.com

There is a huge difference between a Harig surface grinder and a Mitsui surface grinder. The least being about 900 lbs dead weight.

This is a Mitsui

This is a Harig

Not every machine has a DRO at Mathews..but the vast majority of them do. Just a heads up.

These are Optical Comparitors

There are at least 12 of them available, each with DRO

etc etc

Centerless grinders. At least 5 available

These may weigh 16.000 lbs. Just a heads up

There may be at least one of these....

There is a old Induction Heater with a loop capacity of about 1.25" that works just fine. Might get it really really cheaply.

They are currently tearing the inside walls out and gutting the building and getting it ready to try to rent it out. 16,000 sqf building.

Ive got a big 6x18 Ramco surface grinder (Brown and Sharp copy) that I might sell and snag one of the smaller Harig grinders as its a smaller machine with a smaller footprint. Im running out of room in the shop

As for TMT..the d*****ad is still a d*****ad isnt he?

Im friends with Jeff Matthews. He is also a client of mine. He owns (2) Omniturn retrofits that I built for him, that I take care of. Usually for free. Sometimes he gives me Stuff in exchange for doing repairs. His dad used to go to auctions and bought all sorts of Stuff and stored it in one of their unused commercial units.

We have been friends for years and Ive swapped him service work etc..for hummm my Hardinge HLV-H tool room lathe, my Clausing 1500 lathe and a bunch of other stuff over the years. So Im not seeing a damned thing out of this posting of his Stuff here. Why? Because he is a friend who is going out of business, and Im trying to help roll over his stuff as fast as I can. For NO money. Period. End Program.

I turned another friend onto this Stuff and so far he has purchased 3 Harigs, a 13" Colchester lathe (and all the tooling/extras), 10hp 3 yr old IR air compressor, and a shitload of other Stuff. But he specializes in hobby shop gear and Optical comparitors are often beyond what a guy wants for his home shop.

Sold him (280) 4C collets, about 90% were brand new, including 72 square, hex and pentas. Mostly Hardinge/CWC/Royal. Those should be showing up on Ebay by now.

Ayup...

Which reminds me..there is at least 2 Sunnen hones available as well. Including one Sunnen tool cabinet, loaded to the max with hones.

Now about TMT....

A number of people here know that I can be a very good friend, or a very bad enemy. TMT hasnt found out how bad as of yet. But..sooner or later..he will indeed. Make book on it.

So..hows Cliff doing these days? Still dead?

TMT has been in my killfile for at least 3 yrs. I choose not to deal with him. Dealing with the walking dead is so...depressing.

Shrug

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner

Thanks, Gunner. I've sent an inquiry to see what I can learn. I'll let you know what shakes out. Shipping would be an issue. Do keep in mind, I'm in Washington State, not too far (14 miles) off the I-5 freeway.

Harold

Reply to
Harold & Susan Vordos

Gunner fired this volley in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Yeah... been out of email and phone contact for over four days.

Thanks, LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

Sent?

Call the guy!! He is simply too damned busy to screw with emails. He is shutting down a 50 yr old family business.

Sigh

Emails are for people who have time to sit and read em

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner

DAMN!

Reply to
Tom Gardner

You got the phone number..sometiing you want..call him.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner

Not so! I got a pleasant response---including the fact that the centerless grinders are gone, and a short note on why the business is closing. Typical BS, whereby family can't get along. Sure as hell sounds familiar (the family from which I came operated like a pig on stilts). Father died, and they have no plans for further operations, as he was the brains of the thing.

Thanks, bud..

Harold

Reply to
Harold & Susan Vordos