Anybody in So. Cal want some surface grinders?

I dont know about your methodology of the left statement- I am just looking for Grinders- Id like to find T&C Grinders.
Please email snipped-for-privacy@epiccnc.com if you have anything- Thank you kindly
Harold & Susan Vordos wrote:

It did show up on the group. Do you have yourself killfiled? ;-)

Chuckle!
No, although I wonder if I should! I'm a pain in the butt to many.
That has happened before, although I have no idea how or why. I've seen responses to a comment I've made, even though the comment posted doesn't show up on my end. I expect that the server near me is dropping some things. It's not exactly reliable, or so it seems.
Thanks for confirming the post was there! Much appreciated.
Harold
Harold & Susan Vordos wrote:

You're welcome. Take care. :)
On Sat, 10 Nov 2012 07:08:12 -0800 (PST), Too_Many_Tools

And we can "note how desperate TMT is about Gunner making a sale".
What's the matter jealous?
(by the way. Haven't you misspelled your signature again? Shouldn't it be "TMF" as in "Too Much Foolishness"?)
Harold & Susan Vordos wrote:

Nice pricing, I'd love to add a surface grinder to my shop. Any ideas on shipping costs to TX?

And to Florida? <G>
Lloyd
On Mon, 05 Nov 2012 09:40:18 -0600, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"

See previous post for contact information
--
"President Obama is not going to lose. He will be re-elected. It is those of
you who have these grand fantasies of that pip-squeak Romney actually having

Actually, Gunner, I didn't ask the real question -- do you have any more with the chucks and with the DROs for that same price?
I'd be in for one, pretty much regardless of the shipping cost, as long as it can be rigidly palleted. I get some pretty good shipping prices.
Lloyd
On Mon, 05 Nov 2012 17:59:51 -0600, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"

Call Jeff and find out. I know he is selling the Mitsuis for $1000. With Sony DROs, or Mititoyo DROs.
And they are very very good machines. Might even get him to toss in one of the cylindrical grinder attachments for small parts.
Tell him Mark/Gunner referred you.
Call him tommorow!!
Anyone need Optical Comparitors? There are at least 12 of them..all with DROs. Probably get one for $500 .
These are all Working machines that come right off the shop floor.
Gunner
--
"President Obama is not going to lose. He will be re-elected. It is those of
you who have these grand fantasies of that pip-squeak Romney actually having

I came in late. Who's Jeff? What number?
$1000 is not too bad, but it's not $500 "with a good chuck"; it's $1000.
I might still be in, but would need to know more.
TMT... it wouldn't _appear_ that Gunner is offering this as his, only representing the seller. So why question whether or not he owns it? Wouldn't I want to question the seller, instead?
And since when is a "rep" not entitled to a cut, if he sells a product for someone? A representative's selling an item he did not make or own is not "doing nothing". It's the foundation of how US manufacturing always did and still does business. That would still be the case whether I loved Gunner or hated him as you do. I don't -- either one.
LLoyd
On Mon, 05 Nov 2012 20:56:35 -0600, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"

There is a huge difference between a Harig surface grinder and a Mitsui surface grinder. The least being about 900 lbs dead weight.
This is a Mitsui
http://blog.sterlingmachinery.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/A1265.jpg
This is a Harig
http://blog.sterlingmachinery.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/A1461.jpg
Not every machine has a DRO at Mathews..but the vast majority of them do. Just a heads up.
These are Optical Comparitors
https://www.google.com/search?q=optical+comparator
There are at least 12 of them available, each with DRO
etc etc
Centerless grinders. At least 5 available
https://www.google.com/search?q=cincinnati+centerless+grinde
These may weigh 16.000 lbs. Just a heads up
There may be at least one of these....
http://www.productionspecialties.net/images/IMG_0418LG.jpg
There is a old Induction Heater with a loop capacity of about 1.25" that works just fine. Might get it really really cheaply.
They are currently tearing the inside walls out and gutting the building and getting it ready to try to rent it out. 16,000 sqf building.
Ive got a big 6x18 Ramco surface grinder (Brown and Sharp copy) that I might sell and snag one of the smaller Harig grinders as its a smaller machine with a smaller footprint. Im running out of room in the shop
As for TMT..the dickhead is still a dickhead isnt he?
Im friends with Jeff Matthews. He is also a client of mine. He owns (2) Omniturn retrofits that I built for him, that I take care of. Usually for free. Sometimes he gives me Stuff in exchange for doing repairs. His dad used to go to auctions and bought all sorts of Stuff and stored it in one of their unused commercial units.
We have been friends for years and Ive swapped him service work etc..for hummm my Hardinge HLV-H tool room lathe, my Clausing 1500 lathe and a bunch of other stuff over the years. So Im not seeing a damned thing out of this posting of his Stuff here. Why? Because he is a friend who is going out of business, and Im trying to help roll over his stuff as fast as I can. For NO money. Period. End Program.
I turned another friend onto this Stuff and so far he has purchased 3 Harigs, a 13" Colchester lathe (and all the tooling/extras), 10hp 3 yr old IR air compressor, and a shitload of other Stuff. But he specializes in hobby shop gear and Optical comparitors are often beyond what a guy wants for his home shop.
Sold him (280) 4C collets, about 90% were brand new, including 72 square, hex and pentas. Mostly Hardinge/CWC/Royal. Those should be showing up on Ebay by now.
Ayup...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/6ea-Square-4C-CWC-Collets-3-16-1-2-1-16-ths-All-new-/130797635532
Which reminds me..there is at least 2 Sunnen hones available as well. Including one Sunnen tool cabinet, loaded to the max with hones.
Now about TMT....
A number of people here know that I can be a very good friend, or a very bad enemy. TMT hasnt found out how bad as of yet. But..sooner or later..he will indeed. Make book on it.
So..hows Cliff doing these days? Still dead?
TMT has been in my killfile for at least 3 yrs. I choose not to deal with him. Dealing with the walking dead is so...depressing.
Shrug
Gunner

--
"President Obama is not going to lose. He will be re-elected. It is those of
you who have these grand fantasies of that pip-squeak Romney actually having

Yeah... been out of email and phone contact for over four days.
Thanks, LLoyd

Drop him an email and ask. He also gets very very very good discounts on freight. He buys and sells a lot of machinery.
His name is Leigh Knudson
Gunner
--
"President Obama is not going to lose. He will be re-elected. It is those of
you who have these grand fantasies of that pip-squeak Romney actually having
On 11/2/2012 11:06 PM, Gunner wrote:

DAMN!

You got the phone number..sometiing you want..call him.
Gunner
--
"President Obama is not going to lose. He will be re-elected. It is those of
you who have these grand fantasies of that pip-squeak Romney actually having
On 11/6/2012 1:45 PM, Gunner wrote:

No money, don't need, just want.