Anybody in So. Cal want some surface grinders?

I swear I responded to this, but it isn't showing up on my end.

Contrary to your thoughts, Jeff responded with a brief message, including the fact that the business is folding because of the death of their father, resulting in a lack of direction, and the ability of the family to do business together. A sad commentary, and all too common. Sounds very familiar. :-(

He advised that all of the centerless grinders are gone.

Harold

Reply to
Harold & Susan Vordos

Thanks Harold. Looks like my efforts have been paying off. Did he have anything else you needed?

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner

It did show up on the group. Do you have yourself killfiled? ;-)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

And we can "note how desperate TMT is about Gunner making a sale".

What's the matter jealous?

(by the way. Haven't you misspelled your signature again? Shouldn't it be "TMF" as in "Too Much Foolishness"?)

Reply to
F.K.

No money, don't need, just want.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Chuckle!

No, although I wonder if I should! I'm a pain in the butt to many.

That has happened before, although I have no idea how or why. I've seen responses to a comment I've made, even though the comment posted doesn't show up on my end. I expect that the server near me is dropping some things. It's not exactly reliable, or so it seems.

Thanks for confirming the post was there! Much appreciated.

Harold

Reply to
Harold & Susan Vordos

I didn't inquire of anything else. That may not be the case if I was using my shop, but I'm still working on the house, living in the shop. I expect it won't be more than a couple more months, though. It's been a dreadfully long project--more than 11 years. I've grown old while building.

That's the reason I commented on the timing being wrong, although, to be truthful, I need a centerless about like I need a second ex-wife. Still, I'd love to have one (a centerless, that is!)

Some of my fondest memories of my productive years were those from the time I spent in precision grinding. I was, and still am, dazzled by centerless grinders. In the hands of talented individuals, they are one of the most productive of machines, and very capable of extreme precision. Besides, they're just plain damned fun to operate!

When I finally get in the shop, I hope to pick up where you and I left off a year ago or so, on a control for the heat treat furnace I have. I hope you still have something to offer. Until then, I really can't make any decisions. Very difficult to access the furnace, as it is in storage, surrounded by other items.

Thanks, Gunner. Always a good friend.

Harold

Reply to
Harold & Susan Vordos

You need a temp control for the furnace? Email me your addy..and Ill box up a Honeywell for you and stick in some platinum thermocouples.

Pay me when you get around to it. Next month, next year..no biggy.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner

You're welcome. Take care. :)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Email sent to the gmail address. Thanks.

Harold

Reply to
Harold & Susan Vordos

Gunner, Give me a call.

951-245-8850
Reply to
"D"

What did Dave have to say?

Gunner

  1. Lie
Gunner

I left a viocemail, didnt get a call back, yet.

Reply to
"D"

Keep calling. He will be back in California Tue or Wed. If he sells you something thats already been trucked to Kingman...he needs to know to bring it back.

Gunner

  1. Lie
Gunner

Reply to
epiccncmachinery

What kind? Harig or Mitsui surface grinders?

Gunner

  1. Lie
Gunner

I dont know about your methodology of the left statement- I am just looking for Grinders- Id like to find T&C Grinders. Please email snipped-for-privacy@epiccnc.com if you have anything- Thank you kindly

Reply to
Epic Machinery