Anybody need a bunch of 1A Collets?

They are alleged to be the same as 3C, just 1/8" shorter. They are the SouthBend version of 3C
Im going through bins and came across a bunch of them..probably 50-75,
mixed sizes. Biggest size Ive found just picking a couple off the top was 3/8". My memory says there are collets up to 1/2" in there. All the collets Ive looked at were Hardinge. Smallest one appears to be 1/16". Im sure there are a bunch of duplicates in there and likely not a full set.
Make me an offer and Ill put em in a box and ship em to you. Want a picture of the bin..let me know.
No interest..Ill slide em on Ebay and start em at $10 for the lot.
Gunner
--

" Jennifer Martinez It's apparent by your statement that
you spend very little of your liberal life around ALPHA personalities
On 1/28/2020 8:57 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:
> I have no recollection of you and I doing business, whatsoever.
Imagine that. That's because you have said you would do things several times and NEVER followed through. Hard to do business with somebody who never follows through.
On 1/29/2020 8:43 AM, Bob La Londe wrote: > > On 1/28/2020 8:57 PM, Gunner Asch wrote: > > > I have no recollection of you and I doing business, whatsoever. > > Imagine that. That's because you have said you would do things several > times and NEVER followed through. Hard to do business with somebody who > never follows through. >
Ok... last chance. Email pictures of collets and other hardware you want an offer on to alarm(underscore)wizard(at)hotmail(dot)com
(_) (@) (.)
This will be number 5 (that I can recall).
I do not promise to make an offer or that if I do it won't be low, but if you follow through this time you will be upgrade from wishing well to slot machine in my estimation.
On 1/29/2020 12:28 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:
> wrote: > >> >> On 1/28/2020 8:57 PM, Gunner Asch wrote: >> >>> I have no recollection of you and I doing business, whatsoever. >> >> Imagine that. That's because you have said you would do things several >> times and NEVER followed through. Hard to do business with somebody who >> never follows through. > > Can you tell me what those "things" were? >
I could, but its not worth MY time since I wasn't worth your time. Now is your chance to follow through and upgrade my opinion though.
On 1/29/2020 1:55 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:
> wrote: > >> >> On 1/29/2020 12:28 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:
>>> wrote: >>> >>>> >>>> On 1/28/2020 8:57 PM, Gunner Asch wrote: >>>> >>>>> I have no recollection of you and I doing business, whatsoever. >>>> >>>> Imagine that. That's because you have said you would do things several >>>> times and NEVER followed through. Hard to do business with somebody who >>>> never follows through. >>> >>> Can you tell me what those "things" were? >>> >> >> I could, but its not worth MY time since I wasn't worth your time. Now >> is your chance to follow through and upgrade my opinion though. >> > So you dont remember either. > Right. > Ill take some photos today and post em on an album >
You are wrong. Perhaps even being deliberately deceitful in your attempt to redirect. I remember exactly each time of those I counted. A couple were small. One was a "favor" (that I would have to pay for if you actually did it), and the first was a true sounding favor. The FACT is you came through on none of them. Favor or cash you didn't do what you said. I even have your phone number still stored on my phone from one of those times you failed to do what you said. We have spoken on the phone before about one of them.
I could list out and detail each instance, but then you would try and rebut them and it would certainly get nasty. You can act better or not. Its your choice.
So are you going to escalate this to insults and threats like you have with others in the past, or are you going to actually do what you said for once?
If you choose the former that would be disappointing, but if you bother to look you may even have my address in your old emails. If you choose the later then good for you. That would be a notable improvement over past behavior.
Sincerely, Bob La Londe Yuma, Az
I chose to believe you were just extremely forgetful or indifferent about doing what you say in the past, but this thread has lead me to think there is a possibility you are also a liar.
You said you would do something for me. Actually you offered right here on Usenet. Totally a favor when I was just starting in machining, but YOU OFFERED. You didn't do it. I actually mentioned it years ago, and it turned out you had a stroke. I felt bad and let it drop at the time. Now it was a favor or an awfully nice gesture, but the fact is you didn't do what you said you would do.
You said you would meet me to look at a machine if I paid for your fuel and bought you lunch. I told you in advance when I would be there and called you on the phone when I was headed out which was when you said you decided to do something else that day. Sure its not what you get paid to fix a machine, but YOU OFFERED. I didn't ask you to. The fact is you didn't do what you said you would do.
Twice you have said you have a bunch of something I needed and to just email you a list of what I need and you would give me a price. I did email you, and took the time to put together a list. You never followed through. The fact is you didn't do what you said you would do.
This time you didn't have the common courtesy to just say no thank you. A much smaller thing so it doesn't actually qualify as not doing what you said you would do, but in light of your history does nothing to make you look any better.
There are several smaller things as well. One might accuse me of holding a grudge. No, but I don't forget either. I know you are unreliable.
I am sure you have excuses, but the fact is when it comes to follow through with me you just didn't do what you said you would do. Maybe you still have memory issues from your stroke. Maybe its you not giving a shit. Regardless you are proven to be unreliable by your own lack of doing what you say you will do.
Post your collets on Ebay all cleaned up with nice pictures and sorted with detailed information and all the bad ones thrown out. I might bid on them. I might not.
Gunner,
Like I said, both before AND after your stroke. As recently as last year and as far back as 2005. You are self proven to be unreliable. I don't give a damn how generous you claim to be to somebody else. The fact is over and over again you have failed to do what you said you would do. I don't really care about your collets either. I just bought a bunch of brand new ones (different type) from Universal DeVlieg. Its really not about the money for me and never was.
I do not hold a grudge, but I don't forget either. You are always welcome to be better than that. Have a better life.
-------- Forwarded Message -------- Subject: Re: Anybody need a bunch of 1A Collets? Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2020 01:00:47 -0800
wrote:
> [...]
Absolutely understood. It is an offer. One Im going to ponder on for a bit.
***********
My offer was "as is" for the lot. Just dump them in a box and ship them. After you have gone through them, sorted them, cleaned them, and/or determined if they are garbage my offer is defunct. I am willing to gamble $100 plus shipping on an unknown lot of collets. I am not willing to throw away $100 on a lot of collets you may have determined aren't worth $100 plus shipping. You can think about it, but once you have started cleaning, sorting, or evaluating you have rejected the "as is" portion of the offer therefor rejecting the offer.
This is my current offer.
If I wanted to pay retail for them I would pay retail, or for $109 dollars I can get another import set of 3C like the one I have already, which turned out to be quite good.
On 1/31/2020 10:04 AM, Gunner Asch wrote:

I sold three Harleys on Ebay in a week for a net of about $34K and thousands of dollars worth of Harley parts around that same time period. So what. I've got 100% feeback on Ebay as well. Doesn't mean a thing the way Ebay has bastardized and broken the feedback system. I'd rather have a negative from a troll than see the system made 100% meaningless the way it is today.
Repeated So you don't miss it:
[...]
One more time:
On 2/1/2020 12:24 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:
> wrote: > >> One more time: >> >> >> I chose to believe you were just extremely forgetful or indifferent >> about doing what you say in the past, but this thread has lead me to >> think there is a possibility you are also a liar. >> >> You said you would do something for me. Actually you offered right here >> on Usenet. Totally a favor when I was just starting in machining, but >> YOU OFFERED. You didn't do it. I actually mentioned it years ago, and >> it turned out you had a stroke. I felt bad and let it drop at the time. >> Now it was a favor or an awfully nice gesture, but the fact is you >> didn't do what you said you would do. >> >> You said you would meet me to look at a machine if I paid for your fuel >> and bought you lunch. I told you in advance when I would be there and >> called you on the phone when I was headed out which was when you said >> you decided to do something else that day. Sure its not what you get >> paid to fix a machine, but YOU OFFERED. I didn't ask you to. The fact >> is you didn't do what you said you would do. >> >> Twice you have said you have a bunch of something I needed and to just >> email you a list of what I need and you would give me a price. I did >> email you, and took the time to put together a list. You never followed >> through. The fact is you didn't do what you said you would do. >> >> This time you didn't have the common courtesy to just say no thank you. >> A much smaller thing so it doesn't actually qualify as not doing what >> you said you would do, but in light of your history does nothing to make >> you look any better. >> >> There are several smaller things as well. One might accuse me of >> holding a grudge. No, but I don't forget either. I know you are >> unreliable. >> >> I am sure you have excuses, but the fact is when it comes to follow >> through with me you just didn't do what you said you would do. Maybe >> you still have memory issues from your stroke. Maybe its you not giving >> a shit. Regardless you are proven to be unreliable by your own lack of >> doing what you say you will do. >> >> Post your collets on Ebay all cleaned up with nice pictures and sorted >> with detailed information and all the bad ones thrown out. I might bid >> on them. I might not. >> > > I was having coffee with my client a few moments ago and I asked him > about my memory back when after the stroke. I was quite dismayed at > what he told me..something about "you were a fucking zombie...you > could do the work just fine, but we had to call you daily to make sure > you would remember to come here. You left your tools both here and at > other clients places more than once and had to retrieve them...." and > more of the same. I asked him about the last few years..and he said > "100% improvement..no problems....you still get distracted easily..but > its because you are trying to do too many things at the same time, > which is partially our fault..we keep you busy and ask you to do a > lot." > > So you may well be right. Give me your shipping address and Ill flat > rate box them up after I get home in 2 weeks and ship em to you. You > pay the shipping. Period. What..$20 for a medium flat rate box? And > pay that after you get them. > > And I apologize. All I can say. > > And remind me again when you see me posting here in 2 weeks. Please. > > Gunner
Gunner,
I was not looking for a freebie. Accept my offer. I know its cheap, but its not free. You get enough to cover your time to throw them in a box and I get to feel better about everything. I will pay whatever actual shipping is. If it takes two boxes that's fine.
alarm(underscore)wizard(at)hotmail(dot)com is the address I use for one of my PayPal accounts.
My address is:
13273 S Ave 4 1/2E, Bldg B Yuma, Az 85365
I am posting this here because its been many years since you followed up on an email although I have sent you a few upon your request. I will copy and email this shortly from the above address.
On 2/23/2020 9:59 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:

Cool. Looking forward to it.