Vibrating vs Rolling

Do any of you guys run a parts tumbler? If you do why did you pick the style you use?

I have used both. The vibrating units are louder and work faster. You can get trough types that allow long parts to be done just like you can get long drums. One advantage of the rotating drum type is that you can put parts in and let it run all night without worrying about too much material beiung removed. Besides the faster cut rate of the vibrating type they are also easy to set up with flow through systems. Even letting just plain water flow through will help prevent oxides from sticking to the tumbled parts. These oxides can be very hard to remove. I only use the vibrating type now. Eric