Am I nuts or what?

so for the past month I've been trying to sell off lots of my models because I am moving.

so please tell me why I am considering buying the 1/32 Academy Hornet?

This friggin hobby makes no sense. Unless it makes sense to sell off 10 or so models and replace it with one? a weak attempt to justify compulsive behaviour? Or am I just hooked on buying models...

Craig

Reply to
Craig

...remember...Eduard alone has five etch sets available for that Hornet. And that's before you get to looking at resin goodies. Or decals.

Better sell some more kits...;)

Reply to
Rufus

Yes.

lol

Reply to
<wffwii

Or what.

Seems to me that selling off ten makes room for one huge new kit. The Academy F-18 flls the bill.

Also fills the hole.

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

Like the sign says "You don't have to be nuts in this hobby but it helps." Beers,

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

I love small cheap kits like 1/72 Airfix planes (it's a mid-life crisis, re-living my childhood thing). Because of this I've managed to build a huge collection of small boxes in the basement.

Lately, I've been seriously thinking about buying large expensive kits for a couple of reasons. First, I would have to save more for expensive kits and would end up buying one every two or three weeks versus my current two or three a week. And second, the quality would go up (not hard compared to an Airfix Tiger Moth ;^).

Martin

Reply to
Martin

models and replace it with one? a weak attempt to justify compulsive behaviour? Or am I just hooked on buying models...>

Absolutely

When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return. --Leonardo Da Vinci

Reply to
Disco -- FlyNavy

Ya know ?? It's people like you telling about stuff like this, that cost me soooo much money..............................

I did just pick up a RM Ju 52, with CMK full interior, and also the Eduard PE set, all for $44. Thought it was a good deal, and already know I have no space for it when built.

Already as soon as I finish my 1/32 109 G6, I'm giving it to a friend as a present.I still have to figure out what to do with a soon to be completed 1/32 190 D9. My 1/48 F 16 now resides at Andrews AFB :) At least my father wants the Ju 52 when built. Figure it will be done right after Christmas.........

Reply to
AM

Now we're getting somewhere...let us know when you get to that Trumpeter F-105G once the F/A-18C is done...;)

Those 109's are great, aren't they? I have all of them except the new G10 and the G4. And I love that 190D9. And the Ju 52...you sure you're not building MY stash???

Reply to
Rufus

Yes.

KL

Reply to
Kurt Laughlin

lissen, I don't even build modern jets and I want that one!

Reply to
CaptainDallas

And then you'll end up with a basement filled with both. :)

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Ok guys....I passed on the Hornet, but went over to GreatModels and spent $85 on figures and the Trumpeter LSM. I feel better right now........

Craig

Capta> lissen, I don't even build modern jets and I want that one!

Reply to
Craig

Yeah, the thought of a BIG Thud has been eating at me for a few months now. Gonna have to go get it one of these days soon.....

No, I don't think so.... With all the detail sets I have, it still sounds like you have more...... (I have aftermarket sets for almost

100% of my kit stash too ! :)

I only have the 109 G 6, question, do the later series kit's have the Erla Hube cockpit hood ?? The 190 (doing the kit's Rudel mkgs) is easily one of the best fitting kit's I've ever seen !

Reply to
AM

Yeah, but Bill, every once in a while a situation will arise where a 'stash-less' modeler is mighty glad for your amazing inventory. Mike IPMS

Reply to
Mike Keown

I hope someday each and every one of you can have your own version of the Crapatorium! FreeWheelin' Franklin almost said: "Kits will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no kits!"

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

You can forget that here. Younger son already took an invantory of what he is going to keep. All of it :)

Reply to
AM

After several crapalanches, we're in process of adding more proper storage and having some of the old crap dredged (to be sold for salvage) so that we can acquire more newer/better crap.....

Reply to
Ron

Never sell for salvage unless you try ebay first! I've got some almost useless crap that was sold there and it was just what the receiver wanted! hth

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

Got mine...

Yes - the G14 has the Erla Haube, and it's the one I REALLY wanted, but I got talked into buying the G6 early one, and the rest just sort of followed. I have the Eduard sets (two per kit - interior and exterior...and scribing templates) and sets of Moskit exausts for all of them.

I've read some complaints about inaccuracies in the fuselage profile on the K4 and G10 kits. I think if I wand to build a G10 (and I do - a G10AS to be specific) I'll but another G14 and use the cowling mod from Cutting Edge.

Reply to
Rufus