(AIR) Hawker Hunter intakes

Hi All, Does anyone know if the intake splitter plates on early Hunters (F.4's) were painted Green/gray, or were natural metal as quoted in the Revell 1/32 kit?

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Anthony Whittingham

I believe the intake interior colour was dependant on the undersurface colour of the aircraft. This was certainly the case with 237OCU Buccaneers in 1983. Those that were overall Light Aircraft Grey had LAG intakes and splitters. Those that were camouflaged overall Dark Green/Dark Sea Grey had DSG intakes and splitters. The lone camouflaged aircraft with LAG undersurfaces had LAG intakes.

I realise that this is over a quarter of a century after the period that you are modelling, but I see no reason why the policy should have changed. Bear in mind that some Hunters of that period had natural metal undersurfaces while others had LAG.

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

My apologies. Of course I meant to say "This was certainly the case with

237OCU *Hunters* in 1983". 237OCU was the Buccaneer operational conversion unit. However, there were never any dual control Buccaneers and so Hunter T.7As and T.8s were used instead. They had a modified cockpit layout to resemble that of a Buccaneer (if you ignored the fact that a Bucc had tandem seats while the Hunter trainer had side-by-side seating).
Reply to
Enzo Matrix