Trumpeter Wildcat Redux?

Well, Hyperscale's singing the praises of the revamped F4F so as to unequivocally support it's release. It seems Trumpeter took the high road and corrected things before release (at least here in the US) and

1/32nd modelers are the better for it. Anyone else getting happy with this news? For as much lambasting Trumpeter received last time around, I'd thought I'd have heard more about this.

Frank Kranick IPMS/USA 20352

Reply to
Francis X. Kranick, Jr.

anyone know how the Trumpeter landing gear is gonna be? I don't remember how many Revell F-4's I've built over the years but I do know that none of them ever had an even, level undercarriage. The Revell kit was a nightmare with this bit.

Sure would like to have a Wildcat that does not list to one side before I die...

Craig

Reply to
Craig

Does anyone know how one would distinguish between the old, inaccurate kit and the re-released corrected kit a hobby shop shelf? Did they change the kit number, different box art, etc? I wouldn't want to get stuck with an older, inaccurate one just because I couldn't tell the difference by looking at the box on the shelf.

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat"

Reply to
Bill Woodier

I don't think the original issue was ever actually released in the US.

Reply to
Al Superczynski

I seem to recall that Squadron ceased selling or did not sell the first release. If you buy from them, you'd be sure to get one of the newer ones. Not shilling for Squadron, but it's a thought.

I'd also think that Trumper, et. al. realize that enough folk know about the recall that "NEW TOOL" would be emblazened in neon on the packaging somewhere - just for effect.

Reply to
Rufus

Craig:

I've seen any number of pictures of Wildcats taxying, guess what? The original aircraft leaned!

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey