Revell F/A-18E 1/48 and Superscale-Decals

Hi,

I have just received a testshot of this kit to build for a german modeling magazine. Unfortunately the decals are not yet available, so I bought Superscale's new sheet and want to do the VX-9 aircraft with the dark blue tail fins. But I am a little bit unsure regarding some of the painting instructions - does anyone know about some good images of this aircraft on the net? I couldn't find any. Or may be an email-adress to contact Superscale? TIA Ingo

Reply to
Ingo Degenhardt

These are the only two I have found:

...and a close up here:

And I personally walked up and patted this jet a couple days ago, and would guess the present colors of the tails as 15048 on the insides, and

15044 on the outsides, looking at my 595b fan deck.
Reply to
Rufus

I asked this a couple of days ago (Thanks to Rufus and Ron Cline over on Hyperscale) and I did find a shot on

- do a keyword search on the photo search page for VX-9 and there are some good shots.

Reply to
Jim Atkins

Thanks for the pictures! It really looks like there are two different colors for inside/outside and as you've seen the a/c in original i think this is not just an effect of light, right? Superscale instructions are a bit confusing in this and omit the yellow completely...?! But this helps!! Thanks again. Ingo

Reply to
Ingo Degenhardt

Be carefull not to confuse Vampire 100 with Vampire 400 - 100 is an E,

400 is a C...400 also has more color on it.

The only color on 100 is on the tails. In fact, the picture looks exactly as the aircraft did when I did my walk around it a few days ago.

I just did the search and came up with only one shot of 100 - but it is a pretty good one.

Reply to
Rufus

I stared at the tails for quite some time, and I think it is a combination of both.

I've heard from someone that the tails are in fact painted the same color blue on both sides. But - the insides are a bit faded from exposure to the sun, so they appear a bit "more" blue.

But it also appeared to me that the shadow cast by the fact that the tails are canted outward make the less-faded blue appear darker. In the position that the jet was parked, I had to look pretty hard (at an area that had some overspray) to determine that it was in fact blue in the shadow.

I came up with the suggestion of FS15048 on the insides, and FS15044 on the outsides, looking at my 595b fan deck and guessing.

The yellow is still there. Don't omitt it.

Reply to
Rufus