Ferrari 250 GTO : looking for walkaround

Hi all,

I'm looking for a very complete walkaround about Ferrari 250 GTO (body, engine, interior, etc...).

Do you know where I can find that on the web please ?

Thanks in advance

Reply to
Flying Frog

-----------------------------

-----------------------------

Reply to
Sly

heres one ya click on each car and see different views

googling and ya should find what you need

Reply to
Sly

Hi Sly,

Thanks for your message. In fact I will build a 1962 car (my birth year). Yes I know these photos, but they are not enough, espacially concerning the interior and the engine, to help me to detail my model.

Cheers

Reply to
Flying Frog

Yes I also know these photos... In fact, I'm looking at first for very detailed interior and engine, with wire, hydraulics, brakes, etc... Very hard to find.

I used Google during a long time to try to find what I need, but without success... That's the reason of my SOS...

Reply to
Flying Frog

Hi Chris, Not an online resource, but if you're interested in the 250 GTO you ought to find a copy of "Ferrari 250 GT Competition Cars" by Jess G. Pourret. Strangely, no trace of an ISBN on my copy which was published by Haynes in

1987 (Haynes number F556). The original copyright is E.P.A. Paris, 1977. If you are seriously modelling a 250 GTO, select your photographs carefully as it seems no two cars were the same, as expected I suppose with a competition vehicle. The above mentioned book gives the known history of each car built, as well as views of the chassis and body during construction. It made my GTO projects more complex than they should have been, sometimes you can have too much information.... Cheers, Bill.
Reply to
Bill Davies

Hi Bill,

Thank you for your message. Yes, I ordered this book on amazon, and I hope to get it very fast.

Effectively, each one of the 39 GTO produced was completely handly made, and thus every car looks like the others but is different from it. They are often details, but important details.

Is your own model finished ? What kit did you use ?

Cheers

Reply to
Flying Frog

Hi Chris, My own project GTOs were built about 15 years ago. I built several using the Protar kit, which was a little bit heavy in some areas, but looked most like a GTO to my eye - really nice wire wheels too. The Italeri kits came out towards the end of my Ferrari building phase, but they look very delicate so maybe an improvement on Protar. Is that Italeri 250 SWB kit still so hard to find? Is till have a half built Gunze lit (with engine) back at my parents house, I remember some of the engine parts being poorly finished, particularly the turned pieces. There was always something a little bit fat looking about it, but I can't put my finger on exactly what was wrong. The biggets problem I had was finding good images of the RHD cars, as a result I never completed the Innes Irelanc car I really wanted on the shelf. I don't have any of the completed cars any more, but there are still plenty of part completed GTOs in the loft - maybe I should start again? Cheers, Bill.

Reply to
Bill Davies

Also,

might be of some use.