What Floats Your Boat....or Plane..... or Vehicle ???

I was just wondering what kind of models people on the group like to build ?

For me its unusual looking Military Vehicles,

example :

Maybe a Boat or a Plane if its sufficiently irregular :-)

Zardos

Reply to
Zardos

Just about anything Israeli, captured aircraft and vehicles, small air forces and, like you, unusual stuff.

Over the last few years I've been doing mostly small aircraft such as the Pa.22, Midget Mustang, etc. Limitation on display space is the main reason, that should end when I rebuild the office.

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

For me its WWII era aircraft (1935-45). I stick with 1/72 scale. Jack "the 109 nut"

Reply to
Jack1865

Roughly the ame for me in era ('36 -'48) and scale preference. However, I don't think I've built a Bf 109 in any scale in about 35 years.

Mark Schynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert

Anything in 1/72,especially if it's unusual.

Reply to
Eyeball2002308

Anything big...1/32 prefered. Mostly aircraft. But I'll build about anything I like the history of.

Reply to
Rufus
1/72 aircraft, 1/25 cars, mostly American iron. There are exceptions as lately I collected a lot of 1/144 aircraft and got some built(!). I was into HO trains but got out of that. The pricing on stuff got too crazy and the local hobby shop with which I did most of my business went out of business.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Ten, Squander used to publish a book "Strangers in a Strange Land" (is that the right title?) about captured aircraft. I can't find it in the current catalog, check ebay. hth

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

Drop me a line. I have a pretty good file on captured aircraft.

Tom Young for MAI Research Service

Reply to
Maiesm72

Mainly 1/72" WW2 and also British post war, and a few oddballs such as 1/48 and 1/24 Harriers, 1/144 Ekranoplan, and a Next Generation Enterprize.

My main modelling hobby is model railways - mainly late 70s early 80s BR when there was a good mix of older stuff but also HSTs were in service - anything steam is preserved!!!!

Reply to
Martin

For me it's mostly 72nd A/C but I also enjoy 1/25 cars and armor sometimes too. But the bulk on the shelf is 72nd WW2 a/c.

Bill

Reply to
Darkside24us

U¿ytkownik "Eyeball2002308" napisa³ w wiadomo¶ci news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m11.aol.com...

Me too.

-- Greetings Piotr

Reply to
Piotr Dmitruk

aircraft. Tom Young for MAI Research Service>

I'd love some pics of that too Tom. I have a Tamiya 1/48 Zero that is still in the undecided stage.

When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return. --Leonardo Da Vinci EAA # 729686 delete .mil.nav to email

Reply to
Disco -- FlyNavy

Mainly US Navy birds, preferably 1/48. !/72 is too small for these 46 yr old eyeballs, and 1/32 is too big to display, although I have some of all three sizes. WWl planes are very interesting, although the rigging looks like a nightmare. Also some StarWars, Trek. Thinking about fantasy figures, Warhammer 40K. Never cared much for armor, gave up on cars when I was about

  1. When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return. --Leonardo Da Vinci EAA # 729686 delete .mil.nav to email

Reply to
Disco -- FlyNavy

Any particular reason? Too common? I enjoy them because, while camoflage is fairly standard (74, 75, 76) on the majority, there is enough variation and personalization to keep them unique and interesting. I also do lots of other stuff. I just finished P-47s in captured Luftwaffe and Brazilian markings and am working on a British SEA and Mexican versions. Jack "the 109 nut"

Reply to
Jack1865

Yeah, that sums me up too. Also somewhat interested in the Western Air Lines "Chief" scheme. In 1/72, of course. Kim M

Reply to
Royabulgaf

I'm not sure. I've got a bunch in the closet: MPM Bf 109 V-1, Heller Bf

109 B/C, two Tamiya Bf 109E (both raffle prizes, no less), Hasegawa Bf 109G-14, Academy Bf 109G (for conversion to a Ha 1112M using the nose of the Pegasus kit), MPM Bf 109T, KP S.199, A-Model Bf 109Z,and if the new 'F turns out to be any good, I'll get that. Maybe it's that so many people do build them, but the T, Z, an E in Swiss markings, the Ha 1112M and the S.199 do pique my interest from time to time--it's just that other stuff always seems a bit more interesting at any given moment.

The next P-47 variant I will likely have ago at is the Wingnut XP-72--one of the nicest resin kits I've seen.

Mark Schynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert

ok I have to admit...for larger planes and commercial stuff I dip into 1/144 and 1/200 :-)

Reply to
Eyeball2002308

i like anything with swastikas or anything odd. wings, vtols, make it crazy and i'll build it.

Reply to
someone

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Maiesm72) wrote in news:20040922015656.03503.00001369 @mb-m05.aol.com:

Very interested. Already sent you email. Thanks.

TF

Reply to
TForward