Re: the Frog 1/72 Gloster meteor Mk IV is a nice starting point to convert it in a decent model ?

that is the question...

It's been ~30 years since I built that kit but as I recall it's an easy build and lends itself well to extra detailing.

...and.... the hasegawa box is a frog model reboxing >or what ?

Yes, it is the Frog kit reboxed.

Reply to
Al Superczynski

Hasegawa dont do a Meteor, sure you not meaning the English Electric Lightning?

Gondor

Reply to
Gondor

-snip-

But Hasegawa -did- do a Meteor. Hasegawa issued a number ex-Frog kits in the late '60s and early '70s.

The Hasegawa kit number for its re-issue of the Froggie Meteor IV was JS-59.

Cheers and all,

Reply to
Bill Shatzer

This is a cool bit of model kit trivia I was unaware of.

This makes some kind of sense since FROG and AMT were reboxing Hasegawa kits in the late '60-early '70s.

This seems to parallel Tamiya's release of several 1/72 Italeri modern jets in Tamiya boxes. I first saw these at an IPMS regional this year when the vendor who was selling them indicated that Tamiya wanted to get into the 1/72 aircraft field and initially didn't have a significant product line of their own yet. So to launch the product line, they reboxed several Italeri kits (e.g. Kfir) to get started. They would eventually fill in the line with more of their own kits, which they did.

Martin

Reply to
The Collector

Back in the '60s the only Tamiya 1/72 kits that I recall were the Mitsubishi J2M and the J7W1 canard fighter. There may have been others but they don't surface in my dusty memories.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller