Monogram 1:72 Full Stack Shuttle

Anybody got one in the box they'd be willing to part with? Remove all the zeros to reply. TIA!
- tw

Try eBay, they've been going for between ~ $90 up to $326, depending on how inexperienced and/or drunk the bidders are at any particular moment.
Just enter "space shuttle 72 (boosters, tank, stack)" in the search text box. Unfortunately there aren't any up for auction right now, but on average about 2 or 3 go up every month.
I've been watching them come and go on eBay for awhile now. Apparently, there are a lot of drunk bidders out there, 'cause the prices ... sheesh.
I'll keep looking ... was kinda hoping someone might have one stashed away and say "oh shucks, I'm never going to get around to this, you can take it off my hands for $20 or so."
Hey, I can dream, can't I? :)
- tw
Tim Wilson wrote:

I doubt if you'll ever see one cheaper than about $40-50, as that's what they were going for (roughly, IIRC) in the store when they were being sold. Since they are now a 'rare' item, the price just keeps going up.
I had a spare or two some time back, but had to sell them a few years ago due to financial difficulties...
David Erbas-White

Hey I have a half built one maybe at the other house. tanks and srbs, built and painted.
rest in box. say if I can dig it up, say $48.32 ?
If you'd done it the other way around (built up the orbiter and left the stack unassembled) I probably would have jumped, but as it is I'm going to have to pass. The parts I'm really looking for are the ET and boosters - feedlines, fairings, thrust structure, bipod, frustrums and aft skirts to be specific. The idea is to use them either as molds or directly on a scratchbuilt stack.
Thanks for the offer though!
- tw
(I would have counter-offered, of course ... $48.19 or something like that).
So you basically went to RMR to try to find the ill-informed, gullible ones, eh? Not a bad tactic, I'd say.... :-)
-- David

That describes plenty of regular posters here...
And all of Jerry's customers :-)
Hmmmm. I haven't exactly seen a flood of responses, so I've got to think that's not true. : )
Another option you might want to consider (if Almax's offer doesn't pan out for some reason).... is buying and building the 1/72 orbiter kit (they're in plentiful supply) and then scratch-building the ET and SRB's.
Actually, that's what I had in mind ...
I'm doing the orbiter at 1:72 scale in balsa, using the old Guillow's kit as a guide. Cockpit, wing leading edges, and OMS pods will be vacuformed with Monogram orbiter parts acting as molds. I'd intended to scratch build the tank and boosters too, but wanted to scrounge some pieces from the Monogram kit ... LOX feedline and fairing, ET thrust structure, bipod, SRB noses and aft skirts, etc. I may vacuform some of that too, depending on how the weight plays out.
Anyway, I thought it would be easy to lay hands on one of the Monogram full stack kits .... it's not. Well, it's not easy AND cheap anyway. : ) I was able to find a built-up tank and booster set, but it's been assembled with way too much glue and painted, to boot.
I'll keep looking. Thanks for the suggestions!
- tw

Does it have to be the Monogram kit? Is there something else? I think I've seen SOMETHING in a large full stack kit somewhere, but never paid too much attention to it because of the price. I'll keep my eyes open.
I've seen a couple others, but in different scales ... Monogram has (or had) the only 1:72 stack I've seen.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&itemY95579541&fromMakeTrack=true
Not in the 'usual' package, so it might go cheaper... Just a few hours left.
David Erbas-White
Tim Wilson wrote:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&itemY95579541&fromMakeTrack=true
If possible, GET A SHIPPING QUOTE before bidding. This is a big box.
When I won this same kit off eBay a couple of years ago, the guy tried to charge me OVER $40 FOR SHIPPING. I reasoned him down to charging me "only" about $25 for shipping, via parcel post. Actual postage was only about $12.
Lesson learned, and I will never bid on anything again unless shipping costs are explicitly stated.