E15-4

Today I removed the engine from it's shipping package and was dry fitting it to the engine mount to mark it's postion and as I pulled the engine out, the
paper cap on the EJ charge fell off. I got it in my hand and it's inside side was covered with black powder and down in the hole I could see some more, but I have to wonder if it'll be strong enough to blow out two chutes for my Project Rimfire rocket that it'll power.
Has anyone used these engines? how good is the eject charge?

Telescope Buyers FAQ
Aerotech E15-4 motors have very strong ejection charges.
For a more complete answer you will need to tell us the volume you wish to pressurize and possibly how much mass you want to move.
And you can always call or e-mail Aerotech.
-Fred Shecter NAR 20117
When the paper came off, it was then I saw the amount of what looks like black powder and wondered how strong it is. It'll need to blow two chutes out of about 17inch of BT-55 and blow the top of the rocket ( 8ft of it ) off the power section.

Telescope Buyers FAQ
It will work great. They tend to have very powerful ejection charges and can blow conventional Estes sized models with such force that the shock cord breaks or tears out of the mount. That is one of the reasons folks tend to use very long shock cords with them.
Them or they = Aerotech motors.
--
-Fred Shecter
remove zorch two places to reply