micro electronics package

looking for smallest and lightest commercially available elecronics flight micro-servo package... the pckage would include two micro-servos, receiver (72 MHz high band), and battery. Size and weight are a big factor... need to smallest/lightest around. Any ideas where to look? Thanks

Reply to
Jet Red

Does anyone know if Polk audio (speakers) is the same company as Polk R/C?

Mike

Reply to
Mike

Reply to
Marc

Sorry this inquiry was attached to the wrong message. Mike

Reply to
Mike

If you can use actuators instead of servos, consider the RFFS-100 receiver. I think you can find it bundled with various actuators and/or airplane kits at

If you must have servos, I think Cirrus might have the next smallest available equipment, the "Micro Joule". You should be able to find that at HobbyPeople.net.

I've also heard of very small servos called "Falcons" available somewhere in the UK, but that's all I know about those.

Dan.

Reply to
BÿkrDan

Reply to
Marc

try

check out the wes-technik servos. These and the Falcons are big money.

Going a bit bigger like the GWS stuff or FMAdirect.com stuff can save a whole lot of money.

Reply to
mike tully

I checked out the GWS site... good stuff.... I also looked at the smallrc.com stuff... Man those actuators are small. Not sure how they would hold up under the high g's on the back of a rocket though. My plan is to boost a glide-able rocket airframe body about 300-400 ft into the air and glider her back down to a runway landing... The actuators probably would NOT survive the dymanic stresses of takeoff. The GWS pico servos probably would though. The trick is finding a good glide-able rocket airframe that can be modified with an additional

30-40 grams of GWS gear without adversely affecting its cg. :-) I am not real excited about the shuttle bodies that retain the SRBs and ET after the boost phase. Those dont make good gliders on the way back to the ground...

Reply to
Jet Red

What type of glider are you looking for?

For a cheap and simple glider solution, Zagis have modified to handle long burn F motors (and I think G motors).

Reply to
Tim

micro-servos,

Reply to
Marc

Now thats something I'd like to see about, are there any 'net based infos on rocket boosted Zagis ? or the like ?

Thanks!

Reply to
OlderThanDirt

I saw George Gassaway fly one at a launch once. He's done all kinds of rocket boosted gliders including a space shuttle and a Bell X-1. He would probably be happy to answer some of your questions.

The Zagi is at the bottom of this page:

Tim

That isd totally correct. If you want less tha a 5g servo and a 9g receiver, you are into serious megabuck terrotory or roll yer own. In practice this limiuts all up weight to around 4-5oz for lightest standard gear AFAICR.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher