Gear for Slow Stick ?

Hey all-

I've decided to go with a GWS Slow Stick based on the many recommendations for it, but now I've gotta decide on the radio gear for it. I already have a 5-ch futaba PCM/FM radio. This plane will be my trainer, so I'm looking for nice slow predictable handling, not

30 run times and blazing performance. I also consider cost a bit of an issue, so I don't need the latest and greatest necessarily.

On horizonhobby.com, they recommend a Mini flight pack specifically for the Slow Stick, consisting of:

2 Mini Standard Servos 1 R4N 4 Channel Receiver 1 ICS100 ESC 1 400mAh, 6 cell battery

However, I've heard people say they've outfitted them with pico, micro, etc. servos, which could save a lot of weight. Here are the weights, taken from the GWS website:

mini servo 0.94oz micro servo 0.63oz naro servo 0.31oz pico servo 0.19oz

The problem is that the other GWS flight packs come with either too many servos, a 270mAh battery, no speed control, or some other thing that makes it a less-than-ideal choice. Does anyone have any experience with this mini flight pack? Is it small enough?

Thanks, Korey

Reply to
Korey Atterberry

Scroll down to "Hitec Electron 6 Electric Flight Pack" on this page:

shipping on any order over $100!

Also price a similar configuration at Servo City:

aeropal

John - Thanks! That's a great link! Now I can choose what I want and still get a package discount. I also noticed they're selling the GWS charger I was considering for $10 cheaper than Horizon is.

Thanks, Korey

Reply to
Korey Atterberry