GWS A10

Hi there.

I've got a GWS A10 with the new 6-blade fans, 300-type motors.

I got a package deal from the supplier (plane, servos, ESC, battery), but it seems to be underpowered. It wont fly, not even when it's handlaunched.

The battery is a GWS 8.4v NiMH 730mAh, and the ESC is a GWS 480.

I'm thinking of a GWS 9.6v, or a Li-Po of some sort.

This is my first EDF-model, so any ideas and inputs is welcome.

Sincerely, Jan I. Sørensen Norway

Reply to
JIS

Your main problem is that you're trying to draw 12-16 Amps from a battery that can only handle 6-7 Amps.

The 9.6V battery is not a bad idea either. More Volts means more power. It needs to be a higher-capacity battery, though. Something like a

1000-1100mAh NiMH would hold up under the draw from the motors much better.
Reply to
mkirsch1

Reply to
AirMan

E-zone.

The Natural Philosopher

| I've got a GWS A10 with the new 6-blade fans, 300-type motors. | | I got a package deal from the supplier (plane, servos, ESC, battery), but it | seems to be underpowered.

Unfortunately, ducted fans are not as efficient as standard propellers. So you need to make up for the lost power somewhere else

-- using better motors, batteries, etc.

The very cheapest way to fix it is probably to replace the plane with something like a Slow Stick or Pico Stick or something like that.

Reply to
Doug McLaren

Pair of brushless motors and contreolrs and LIPO batteries will only set you back a few hundred dollars. It flies great on those allegedly :-)

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Reply to
Redhart