Receiver and Battery Question (Help)

As I put together my Slow Stick and GWS system, I have two questions: First, I have all the electronics hooked up and I am trying to conduct a test of the servos, etc. Presently, nothing is working. The instructions tell me to first turn on the transmitter and second, the receiver. I've got power on the transmitter. How do I turn on the receiver? I don't see any way of turning it on.

Second, the speed control and receiver is warm with the battery hooked up to it. Is this normal? The battery that they sent me is a GWS Ni-MH AAA750mAh 8.4v.

Thanks in advance. Joe A.

Reply to
Modrocket

| As I put together my Slow Stick and GWS system, I have two questions: | First, I have all the electronics hooked up and I am trying to conduct | a test of the servos, etc. Presently, nothing is working. The | instructions tell me to first turn on the transmitter and second, the | receiver. I've got power on the transmitter. How do I turn on the | receiver? I don't see any way of turning it on.

Plugging the battery in is generally how you turn it on.

| Second, the speed control and receiver is warm with the battery hooked | up to it. Is this normal? The battery that they sent me is a GWS Ni-MH | AAA750mAh 8.4v.

The speed control might get a bit warm (and hot in use), but the receiver really shouldn't, as it uses very little current. The battery isn't connected directly to the receiver, is it?

Your 8.4v battery should be connected to the ESC, positive to positive, and the motor should be connected as well to the motor part of the ESC. There should also be a plug on the ESC that connects to the receiver, and that is also what powers the receiver and the servos.

Perhaps that plug and/or the receivers is in backwards?

Make sure your prop is NOT on the motor for this test -- the motor could roar to life at any time, and even those little props can hurt (or tear things up) if they hit something.

If you can take some good pictures of your setup with a digital camera (good enough so we can see the writing on things) we may be able to point out the problems. Put them up on a web page somewhere and give the URL -- don't post them here.

Reply to
Doug McLaren

refer to the GWS help sites and the GWS news group = GWS Videos

Fans - Information, Tips and Forums site
with many more answers to your query =
need refer to Alan's Hobby, Model & RC Web Links
regards Alan T. Alan's Hobby, Model & RC Web Links

A.T.

Thanks for the replies. I double checked my wiring and I had the wiring reversed at the point of the receiver. I have power now and everything is working. Now, I just need to figure out how to get more throw on my elevator and get the plane in balance.

Joe A.

Reply to
Modrocket

To get more throw, either move the pushrod to an outer hole on the servo arm, an inner hole on the elevator control horn, or both. You can shift the wing on the slow stick by moving the plastic brackets to help balance it. Move the wing towards the tail if it's tail heavy, towards the nose if it's nose heavy. Move it it small increments, maybe a 1/4 inch at a time till it balances....

PCPhill

Reply to
PCPhill