hitecrc feather receiver

i'm looking for an indoor receiver. my transmitter is hitec flash4.

has anyone of you a feather receiver good is a range of 200meter good reasonable for occasional outdoor use ?

TM

Reply to
dingo

The Hitec Feather RX is the only Hitec of any description I've heard complaints about. Lots of glitches and not real happy about having multiple TXs in the area. The Elctron 6 is reputed to be much better, and is not too much heavier if you remove the case. (don't know if the extra weight is an issue) If price isn't an issue, go with Berg or FMA RXs, very light, very good.

PCPhill

Reply to
PCPhill

| i'm looking for an indoor receiver. my transmitter is hitec flash4. | | has anyone of you a feather receiver good is a range of 200meter good | reasonable for occasional outdoor use ?

The Hitec Feather is, without a doubt, the worst receiver I have ever used. It had serious problems with interference -- somebody else flying, even on a very different channel, would make my plane glitch.

To add insult to injury, the last time I bought one, the price was similar to those of the better receivers made by FMA and Berg, though it's come down since then.

If you're looking for dirt cheap, get the GWS 4P. $28 with crystal from radicalrc.com. This is still one of the `bad' single conversion receivers, but it's better than the Feather and cheaper too.

If you're looking for something good, get the FMA M5 or one of the Berg receivers. Prices start at around $50-$60.

Of course, I'm talking about the US here. I don't know what's available where you are, or how much it'll cost. But still, I'd avoid the Feather.

Reply to
Doug McLaren

I had similar problems and blamed it on the receiver. I cant be conclusive but i bought a couple electron rx and seems to be ok. jim

Reply to
jim breeyear

I have had success with the Schulze (German) Rx's on 35 MHz in small 380 electrics - range at least 500 metres. They have an integral glitch counter LED as well.

CW

Reply to
C W

Local electronics firm tested several Feather RX extensively after a local person said they had a "problem" with one Feather. Techo replaced the Futaba crystal in use with a standard Hitec single conversion AM/FM crystal and no further problems were experienced within the stated range of the Feather =

600ft. Service people were genuinely surprised that the crystal had such an influence on the performance of the Receivers. Other causes of "problems" found over past 3+ years have been the incorrect use of capacitors on motors, mounting RX to close (on top) of an ESC in small models, faulty BEC with to high an out put voltage and an indoor model with the antenna bunched up inside lieu of trailing. Hitec provide a little bobbin so aerial can be shortened without cutting or doubling back on itself.

regards Alan T. Alan's Hobby, Model & RC Web Links

A.T.

Agree with most all you said Doug. Don't buy the words about 'bad' SC receivers, tho -----the Berg is SC, just as nearly all the JR's are. Dual conversion was the holy grail 10-15 yrs ago, but some new technology has made SC viable again..........tho the bad old days won't be forgotten soon by a lot of folks. Junk like the Hitec Feather keeps the bad memories alive, too. Those I had have been been replaced by GWS and Berg.

Abel

Reply to
Abel Pranger

| Agree with most all you said Doug. Don't buy the words about 'bad' | SC receivers, tho -----the Berg is SC, just as nearly all the JR's | are.

Perhaps I didn't make myself clear. There's good SC receivers, and bad SC receivers.

Feather = really bad GWS = bad JR = OK Berg = Good

The GWS 4P is one of the bad SC receivers, just like the Feather. It's just not as bad.

More on this --

(God, I hate google's new Usenet `thing'. They make it look like it's some sort of retarded php forum.)

| Dual conversion was the holy grail 10-15 yrs ago, but some new | technology has made SC viable again..........tho the bad old days | won't be forgotten soon by a lot of folks. Junk like the Hitec | Feather keeps the bad memories alive, too. Those I had have been | been replaced by GWS and Berg.

The GWS 4P isn't good. It's better than the Feather, but it's still not good.

| >If you're looking for dirt cheap, get the GWS 4P. $28 with crystal | >from radicalrc.com. This is still one of the `bad' single conversion | >receivers, but it's better than the Feather and cheaper too.

Reply to
Doug McLaren

Much depends on the flying environment..........

SC RX's are a complete No-No at our field - use one and you are just asking for glitches, INCLUDING JR - unless the plane is kept within a hundred feet or so.

David

Reply to
David AMA40795 / KC5UH

"A.T." wrote in news:cpks4o$9p7$ snipped-for-privacy@lust.ihug.co.nz:

Perhaps the problems with the Feathers are all related to improper use, but other receivers don't seem to have nearly as many problems even when used in the same improper way. I have single-conversion Rx's from GP (Electrifly) and Cirrus and they both work fine. I have 2 Feathers and they had problems. Same planes, same field as the GP and Cirrus Rx's, and my little electrics never get 600 ft away.

Admittedly, Sepulveda Basin is a seriously crowded RF environment.

Reply to
Mark Miller

i had bad experiences with the

-- Philpop

----------------------------------------------------------------------- Philpops's Profile:

this thread:

Philpops

Reply to
jim breeyear

The general consensus is that Hitec fetaher is good for nothing except spare parts.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Futaba do a 35Mhz micro - not bad. My favorite is the JETI REX 4.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher