Berg 5 DSP-II receiver and sticky antenna problem

I have one of the older Berg 6 receivers and have found it to be an excellent rx. Never ran into any kind of range problems with mine. I have no experience with a Sticky Antenna tho.

Reply to
Fubar of The HillPeople

I wanted to replace my Hitec 555 (ch.58) on my speed 400 glider with a smaller receiver. I got the Berg and a sticky antenna. To my suprise, when range checking, I could get away only 20 paces before Berg's servo hold started activating (this was with motor off). Berg has a reputation of a great receiver and instructions with Sticky Antenna claimed only a "minimal loss of range". With Hitec 555 I could over 100 paces away before any server chatter started. OF couse all the range checking was done with transmitter antenna collapsed (Futaba UAF8 BTW).

Does anyone have experience with Sticky Antennas? Berg Receivers? Is that just a bad combination? Should I have close to normal range with Hitec and StickyAntenna?

Thanks

Michal

Reply to
Michal

Michal-

Berg 5 Receivers +++ Sticky antenna ???

Abel

Reply to
Abel Pranger

Ditto...

I have two, both of which have the Ecubed Litenna, no problems or glitches noted.

PCPhill

Reply to
PCPhill

suggest you do a range check with standard antenna.

if range is now ok, it's the sticky.

if not, it's the receiver.

peter ber

-- potifa

----------------------------------------------------------------------- potifar's Profile:

this thread:

potifar

Hi Peter,

I understand you designed both this receiver and the Sticky. Are you saying that these two do not work well together, or that one of the two is damaged?

Also, the instructions with the Sticky call for 6 inches between receiver and Sticky, while the RC-Direct web site says 5 inches. Which one is it?

Thanks,

Michal

Reply to
Michal

michal, i just suggested some tests to find out who is the cuprit.

wire length between rx and sticky is not super critical, 5~6 inches i ok.

sticky needs a 'neutral' (non-metallic, non-carbon) surface to stic to.

should work just fine.

peter ber

-- potifa

this thread: