Building Outdoor Wood Boiler

I'm planning to build an outdoor wood boiler which I can use to heat my house, shop and part of my barns. I intend to build it as large as possible ( 8' * 4' firebox) Looking for any information on metal type to use and also if anyone has any info on gasification of wood products that would be hugely helpful as I'm having a hard time finding info that is unbiased as most sources so far are trying to sell something.

Reply to
Rob

You might try getting in touch with this guy...

Pete

Reply to
Pete Snell

It can be a HUGE subject. Yes, it seems everyone willing to share knowledge has something to sell (-: You might want to try some of the "Survival" and "Self sufficiency" sites, also browse magazines such as Mother Earth News - OK, if you don't want to buy it go read it at the library. Hmmm, this day and age, they might be on the web.

Reply to
2regburgess

Put an ad in the local paper for a used one that leaks.(worth almost scrap price) That way you would have the forced draft, the aquastat, the high limit, the water jacketed door and hinges, the temp gauge, the sheet metal housing and insulation and a pattern for the part you need to build. One improvement you should make to an older one is to add an ash auger, with an auger you can remove ashes without letting your fire go out. Steve Peterson

Reply to
Sven

Reply to
NoSpamFANatic