Futaba Receiver Question: Help!

I have a Futaba FP-R127DF Receiver. It's a 7 channel, FM, Dual conversion. It normally is used with a gas plane and uses a 4.8v or
6v battery to power it. I want to know if I can use this in an electric plane that runs off an 8.4v battery through an electronic speed controller. The unit I have has a plug in for the battery as well as the plug in for the throttle. Can I use this receiver or do I need to get one specifically for an electric plane? Thanks ahead of time for your help.
Rogapo wrote:

If the speed control has an output for the receiver it's probably within the 4.8 range of your receiver, so you could use it. However, you probably don't want to. The main reason is size and weight. You can get a micro receiver for ~$25, or a complete mocro flight pack for $70-80.
Yes you can use it. The receiver does not care if it is going in a glow or electric airframe. There are some speed controls that do not supply current to the receiver but that is usually reserved for larger aircraft that use a lot of cells to power the motor. You say yours is 8.4V...all should be fine.
You can use that receiver provided the speed controller has a BEC. Otherwise you will need so supply power to the rx with an additional rx battery. Other than that, you can use any rx whether the plane is glow or electric.
--
Dan
AMA605992

Yup, what the others didnt mention was that the 'battery' plug slot on your rx will remain empty. The lead from the speed controller will feed power into the rx through its 'throttle' channel.

Oh, and CG is right - a micro rx is cheap as could be. Typically electric planes would benefit from lighter, smaller equipment.

OOPS! Yeah, forgot to add that.
--
Dan
AMA605992