Hitec Supreme receiver

I have a hitec receiver in my EZ p-51 arf. Today at the field, I could not get any of the servos to respond to the transmitter. I made sure they were on the same channel and that the servos were getting juice from the battery. I could see the servos twitch for a second when I initially turned on the switch, but the plane would not repond to any inputs from the controls. This receiver has been in 3 planes and I am wondering if it is just dead. What are some causes of this problem?

Thanks,

Joel

Reply to
Joel

Check to see if the crystal is plugged in all the way.

Reply to
Robbie and Laura Reynolds

Yes, I tried to do that already but it didn't help. Since it has been in several planes and survived some hard landings, I might just write it off.

Reply to
Joel

Did you change the crystal by chance? If so, did you put a single conversion crystal in by mistake?

Reply to
jeboba

Ive had great luck with the supreme. I read somewhere that the guy from RadioSouth says its the best ppm Rx available. I know this sounds dumb but have you tried that batt pack on another Rx ? You know that its charged AND tested it ? If all is lost. Dont hesitate to send it in to Hitec asking what it would cost to be fixed. You might be surprised . Definitely worth the cost to ship it. Who know? Maybe theyll want to make you happy ?

Reply to
bookneeeye

Yes, I tried to do that already but it didn't help. Since it has been in several planes and survived some hard landings, I might just write it off. =============================================== I would not just write it off. Based on comments in this group about their customer service, I'd send it to Hitec and maybe they'll fix it for a very low price.

Reply to
Carrell

Have you verified that the transmitter is still working correctly?

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

Funny, I had the same thing happen to a JR reciever.. only the plane was still in the air, 20 feet up and inverted... I sent the radio back to JR and they replaced the rx at no charge. Now if I could only replace the plane that easy... ps the radio was only 3 month old

Reply to
SKYLANE42

It doesn't say whether it was working fine and then stopped or if you just set it up and it didn't work. If it's the latter, make sure your transmitter is in the correct mode. On JR radios the transmitter defaults to PCM, and you have to manually set it up to work with an PPM reciever.

Reply to
Normen Strobel

Bad xtal is the first thing that comes to mind.

Reply to
Fubar of The HillPeople

It was working fine for the whole summer. Battery still showed full charge and so did the TX

Reply to
SKYLANE42

Joel, I have at least ten of the Hitec supreme's and more than a couple have been through some "HARD LANDINGS" and not a problem. So don't just chuck it, send it to Hitec. Something nobody has mentioned is the switch, try the system with a different switch before you pack up the receiver and send it off, switch problems are far more common than receiver problems or at least it's been that way for me. It's a good idea to check everything in the system, I have even had bad servo extensions that caused strange problems that could only have been found by checking everything in the radio system.

Reply to
Bob B

I just figured it out - it was user error. I had a servo wire reversed accidentally. Now it works. The weird part is that I had an AM crystal in there the whole time, yet it worked. I decided to get an FM since it is an FM receiver and a hitec eclipse transmitter. I had no idea an AM crystal could pick up an FM signal. WEIRD...

Reply to
Joel

I just figured it out - it was user error. I had a servo wire reversed accidentally. Now it works. The weird part is that I had an AM crystal in there the whole time, yet it worked. I decided to get an FM since it is an FM receiver and a hitec eclipse transmitter. I had no idea an AM crystal could pick up an FM signal. WEIRD...

Reply to
Joel

I just figured it out - it was user error. I had a servo wire reversed accidentally. Now it works. The weird part is that I had an AM crystal in there the whole time, yet it worked. I decided to get an FM since it is an FM receiver and a hitec eclipse transmitter. I had no idea an AM crystal could pick up an FM signal. WEIRD...

Reply to
Joel

Not Wierd Crystals are the same AM and FM DC receivers both use the same front end and are on the same frequency 72 MHZ The difference is the way the signal is detected and broken down after it has been down converted.

Steve

Reply to
Stevejo

Reply to
A.T.

On second thoughts, the header says "Supreme receiver, which is a dual conversion receiver - however the RX in question may not be the

Supreme 8 Channel = HFD-08RD Supreme Shift Selectable ( = 72 MHz only.) Super Slim 8 Channel Micro 555 - 5 Channel Electron-6 Channel HPD-07RH QPCM - the new Quick P C M receiver (includes special thin vibration protection silicon layers? inside case and provision for dual RX batteries.). all the above of which use dual conversion xtals. ============================= or single conversion RX = which do use Hitec AM/FM crystals with the green tipped tab.. Single Conversion FM = Feather 4 Channel HFS-04MG 4 Channel HFS-04MI HFS-04MI+ (5 ch)

regards Alan T.

Reply to
A.T.

Actually, there is no such thing as an AM or an FM crystal. Hitec crystals are either single conversion or dual conversion. The dual conversion AM receivers use the same crystals as the Supreme. The reason that it works is that you had the proper crystal all along.

Jim - AMA 501383

Joel wrote:

Reply to
James D Jones