Hangar 9 Texan: First Flight

I took out my hangar 9 texan arf today. It has an OS 91 surpass. Everything went without a hitch, I flew it 3 times, but one thing I noticed is that it was kind of slow. For example, when trying to do a loop, it would almost stop in midair as I reached the top of the arc. The 91 is adequate for this plane, but I bet a 120 would be better. The engine is using a 14x8 APC prop. One thing I wanted to know: I am using 10% fuel and I wanted to know if it is ok to up it to 15% or will I screw up the engine. Is is better to stay consistent with the fuel you use?

The plane itself is beautiful, and I am sure it wasn't designed to be speedy, but it is kind of a dog with this engine.

Joel

Reply to
Joel

Wont hurt it, and yes, it will help. I think you have a little too much prop on it, as I'm running a 16*6 on my OS 120. I'd try the 15*6 on the

91.
Reply to
John Alt

I second the motion on the prop. 14x7, 15x6 would probably work better. I'm running a 16x8 on a Saito 180, so a 14x8 on an OS 91 Surpass is probably a bit much.

Jim

Reply to
Joe Bill

Reply to