Re: Engine Recommendation for Hangar-9 Showtime

NCREG

DPM bipe...What engine do you have in your DPM bipe? I have a YS 12 in mine and feel like it is underpowered. I agree it flies reall well, but I want some more power.

Also to you guys who are flying Saito engines..what nitro fuel are yo using? I hear that you have to use 30% fuel for reliability. Is this correct

-- Fred Dings, I

----------------------------------------------------------------------- Fred Dings, II's Profile:

this thread:

Fred Dings, II

On Tue, 5 Dec 2006 09:46:08 -0600, Fred Dings, II wrote in :

I've used only synthetic 15% in my .91s and my 1.80.

I am burning up some 10% castor blend from an estate, too.

I haven't heard that.

I don't want to hear it.

The 1.80 drinks fuel like an alcoholic. :o)

Marty

Reply to
Martin X. Moleski, SJ

A happy alcoholic at that!

I have heard that more RPM's can be gotten from the higher nitro fuels with the big Saito's. That being said, I have had absolutly no problem of any sort related to fuels with any of my Saito's on (real) 10% home brew but YMMV.

Reply to
Six_O'Clock_High

The Showtime is a real light-weight so I'm installing either a OS 120 Surpass or the YS 110Z in mine, with a APC 15-4W or 16-4W, whichever pulls better vertically.

My Saitos love the same fuel as the YS'....use 20-20

Reply to
Harry Kolomyjec

I have run 15% nitro fuels in all of my four strokes (OS, YS, Saito, & Enya) for over 15 years with no problems whatsoever.

Reply to
Lyman Slack