Brierley drill grinder cams

Looking at getting a full set of cams for a Brierley ZB25 32 series drill grinder and later making some spares. I'm looking for the number 12 and 14 cams and any odd number cams for LH tooling. Willing to buy or loan [ with deposit ] and return with extra cams when machined.

?/ Any takers ?

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson

here;s one...Me ..if they are a good price

and a guy called Russ who got in touch with me the other day

I forwarded him your name ...did he get in touch John .

all the best...mark

Reply to
mark

Yes that's what's re-started this. I have a No 2, 4, 6 and 8, Russ has a 10 which he is sending me. Numbers 12 and 14 will make the normal set up and I need any LH one to check the pin location against a reversed track.

Brierley want £80 per cam.

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson

WHOOPS

Sorry john. dont think mine is a 25

i know its a ZB something or other ..but what I dont know because all it has on it is ZB

think it's a ZB21

All the best.mark

Reply to
mark

As far as I know al the ZB's have the same cams. The last number denotes the max drill size in mm. So ZB25 is 25mm or

1" in their reckoning. The ZB 32 is 32mm or 1-1/4" Not heard of a 21 but I'm no expert.

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson

Hi john I've got the ZB manual for machines ...it's not that brillient... poor scan with black patches for pics

but the text is ok says ZB-10 1MM-15MM ZB-11 1MM-22MM

These are basic machines with point grinding only

then there is

ZB-20 1MM-15MM ZB-21 1MM-22MM

these two have point thinning and pilot grinding .

assume the point grinding bit is all about the special double stuck together grinding wheel they have ...mine don't have the special grinding wheel so i suppose that sets it back to basic at ...ZB-11

only has a four jaw scroll also

all the best...mark

Reply to
mark

Good Morning

Hope the following helps and give me a shout if you need more info

"The number 14 cam (truax point) was never a good seller due to its performance and was superseded by other types of drill points and therefore we discontinued to stock at Brierley. The number 12 is a sheet metal drill point and I can help with that. It is possible they may have more success with the standard number number 2 or 16 instead of the number 14 cam"

Regards

Gareth Chester UK

Reply to
Gareth - Chuk

Guys

I know this thread is old but. The 14 in my manual is the sheetmetal point. I have one over here i OZ. I'm missing a 4. The Truax point is number 12.

So my cams are green 2,6,8,14 i'd love to have a 4 and 1

-- ARANGI

----------------------------------------------------------------------- ARANGIE's Profile:

this thread:

ARANGIE

I'm sure they'd be happy to give you the OZ agent's name.

Tom

Reply to
Tom

brierley belong to chester now ...as in

All the best.mark

Reply to
mark

Really?

Reply to
Tom

Yup.

..

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson

Hi

Yes Chester UK have taken over Brierley Machines (18 months or so back now), we are still offering the same range and the same machines. We also have a ex-Brierley service engineer on our books as well, so can still offer the service and quality Brierley is known for. We carry most of the Brierley range in our main showroom in Chester.

Regards

-Gareth Chester UK Ltd

Reply to
Gareth - Chuk

John If you can make them I will buy. I have been waiting two months for Chester UK to answer email regarding purchase of a manual and cams. I have a ZB 32 the only cams with it are # 6 and 8. Will a #2 cam sharpen bits up to 1 1/4 inch?

Regards Delbert Wacker Garnett Kansas U.S.

Reply to
Hog bender

Good Afternoon

Very strange tbh, as we have cams for the ZB32 on the shelf (this is for a machine that is 2yr old or younger), i'm taking it you have an old ZB32? in which case if you had made contact with us we would had supplied a phone number of the Brierley Engineer that has all the parts for the older machines (but i will check the email system, just incase there is a problem) as im sure he would had supplied you the information your after.

Off the top of my head i think the price is around the =A360-80+vat for the cams and he usally has them on the shelf, If you let me know on here or via other means i'll find out whats what for you

regards

Gareth

Reply to
Gareth - Chuk

Good Afternoon

Have checked, they have all the cams on the shelf, price is =A365+Vat. You are missing the 'Number 2' cam then you will have the standard supplied cams.

1 1/4" tool can be done on the ZB32 - the 32 is the size in mm that can be done, so 32mm is the max size you can do

Regards

Gareth

Reply to
Gareth - Chuk

lovely ...........is that =A365 for the whole set .....

all the best...markj

Reply to
mark

Gareth, I have an older machine with single cam, serial #18J6763428. Will the #2 cam sharpen all up to 1.25? Recieved mail this morning regarding cams, Is Chester UK and DH grinding service the same company?

Gareth, thanks for your assistance

Delbert

Reply to
Hog bender

replying to mark, GeorgeHeg wrote: Hi Mark, I know this thread is a bit old but I have this work purchased a ZB-11, at least I think it is because it also has a 4 jaw chuck and a lever movement for the motor. The manual I paid to download describes a different more sophisticated machine so I think I also have a ZB-11. So the questions are do you have a manual for this machine and what can it actually produce? Many thanks in advance George

Reply to
GeorgeHeg