Tangless arbour on live centre

Hi,

I bought a live centre a year or so ago and never got round to doing the job I bought it for. It sat in it's box 'til the other day when I got it out, fitted it and used it. Works great but when I tried to release it from my Boxford tailstock it was curiously reluctant. When I did finally get it out I see it's got a hole where the tang should be and I guess the striker pin on my tailstock is small enough to fit inside, hence no auto-eject. I'm surprised by this and I just wondered if it's normal and what can I do about it ? There's no hole through a Boxford tailstock so I can't just drive it out with a bit of bar, what have others done in this situation ? My only thought is turn up a plug to fit the hole in the centre, any other ideas ?.

Thanks,

Reply to
Boo

That seems the path of least resistance to me.

Cheers Trevor Jones

Reply to
Trevor Jones