Spindle taper on my Richmond milling machine

Hi,
Some time ago i aquired a small richmond horizontal milling machine.
do not know which model but it has a round overarm. Now that i have
workshop to fit it in, i have started to restore it. I was hoping on
of you knowlegeable people could tell me what type of spindle it ha
(or any other information!).
The spindle taper seems to be in between an Int 30 and Int 40 in siz
and angle, but does not have the small parallel section on the smalles
part of the taper, and the driving dog slots are different (about 1/2")
Looking on the internet the closest i can find to it is the ISO35 typ
but cannot seem to find a drawing to confirm this. Looking throug
other posts i have found that some richmond mills had a morse tape
spindle but this is definately not one of them.
Photos of the machine can be found here..

(this was a group that i started to get try and gather information bu
after 18 months i am still the only member, so i use it to hold photo'
of the progress!)
Regards
Simo
--
simonm
simonmc's Profile:

simonmc
Hi simon The link to the photos can only be accessed if one is a member of your group,and the link to join the group does not work from my computer, maybe that is why there have been no new members,or maybe it is my computer. Also when I do a serch of yahoo groups I cannot find your site, maybe it is me yours in the workshop John
Reply to
hinkela2
That would explain alot, i just checked and it came up ok for me but
will get the wife to try and join and see. I am also not sure how t make the photo sections available for anyone without joining, but will see if i can, as there is a picture of the correct adapter betwee a 30 and 40 int for comparison
Regards Simo
-- simonm ----------------------------------------------------------------------- simonmc's Profile:
this thread:
simonmc
Drawings here:-
. -- Regards,
John Stevenson Nottingham, England.
John Stevenson
John,
Thanks for that, it looks like it is bt-35, but i cannot find anywher on the internet that shows how big the keyways are in the side. an idea's? Any body have a manual or any information on these millers?
Simo
-- simonm ----------------------------------------------------------------------- simonmc's Profile:
this thread:
simonmc
Can't you measure the drive dogs on the spindle? Keyway size isn't that critical as it drives in one direction only, obviously needs to be bigger than the drive dogs.
I have a couple of old chucks on 35 tapers, one a Clarkson and one a Heinz 57, I'll measure the dogs tomorrow. -- Regards,
John Stevenson Nottingham, England.
John Stevenson
Does this machine have a serial number?
Tom