resurrected receiver

Forgive me, but since religion has been a big topic I couldn't resist titling my post the way I did. :-) Anyway, here's my story...

Recently, I suffered a radio failure that caused my beloved Kaos to go into the ground at about 3/4 throttle. I think the culprit was a solder joint on a homemade battery pack that broke in flight, although I can't be totally sure if it broke in flight or on impact. The case on my Hitec Supreme receiver was broken, and several of the pins on the board were bent. It no longer worked, so into the trash can it went. I ordered a new flight pack (servos were damaged, too). I got a crystal for the flight pack, and just on a whim, I pulled the old receiver out of the trash, straigtened the pins, removed the old crystal and inserted the new one, hooked up some servos and a battery and turned on the transmitter. To my surprise, it worked! If it range checks OK, would it be safe to use it again? What would you folks recommend I encase the circuit board in since the case was trashed?

Morris

Reply to
Morris Lee

Heat shrink works very well.

Reply to
Tony

I'd wrap the next expendable aircraft around it. With possible torn copper lands, strips and fractured components subject to parting or failing with a liitle bit of vibration or aerobatics, it would possibly be a more spectacular flight than the last. Why ask for trouble? Put it back in the trash can.

Reply to
Harry Kolomyjec

Once those receivers get the taste of that thrill ride there's no trusting them to not do it again, those dirty bast.....

Reply to
Storm's Hamburgers

Make me a real good deal on it and get a new one. I'd like a 'used' receiver to experiment with..

Reply to
David Hopper

Throw it in the rubbish bin RIGHT NOW.

It will cost you plenty if you don't

Regards

Tom Watson Sydney Australia

Reply to
Tom Watson

Go immediately to the trash can and redeposit it.....bury it under stinky,slimy trash so you won't be tempted again. Your next 'beloved' aircraft will thank you.

Ken Day

Reply to
Ken Day

I'll take you up on your offer! I've changed e-mail addresses so send me yours to flydog snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com Make me an offer and you pay the shipping. Will take PayPal or postal M.O.