eBay

Why do model makers pay such ridiculous prices for Futaba stuff on eBay? it may be good quality but most of it is made in the same Chinese factories as JR and many other much cheaper brand names, the days when Chinese stuff was junk are long gone and their electronics equipment is as good as any Japanese manufacturer now,

regards, Terry

Reply to
Terence Lynock (MSW)

I'm not sure but thank goodness for it. I bought a Futaba 7CHP radio system so I could swipe the flight pack out of the box and then sell the transmitter and accessories on E-Bay to get back most of the cost. I figure I'll save $100 or more over the cost of ordering the flight pack seperately. (R138DP PCM receiver w/ crystal, 4 S3151 digital servos, 1000Mah NiCd 4.8v receiver battery, switch harness w/charge jack).

I did a 3-day auction and I've already got 25 people watching the auction and I've received requests for shipping quotes from half of Europe.

What's even weirder is that people will pay more for the helicopter version of the 7C than for the airplane version. They're the exact same radio with the same programming/mixing features, with the helicopter version simply having the ratchet clicker removed from the throttle stick. It takes less than a minute to do the same thing to airplane version, but folks are willing to pay extra so their radio says 7CH on it instead of 7CA.

I looked at closing auction prices for Futaba 7C radios on E-Bay for a month prior to my posting, and the "elite" 7CHP radios were selling for $10 to $20 more than the "plain old" 7CAF radios. The only difference of course being the letters printed on the radio case and the ratchet mechanism on the throttle stick.

If you can't change human behavior, you may as well at least plan your personal finances around it.

Reply to
Ed Paasch

$249.99 for the 7CHP radio system $136.11 selling price for the transmitter

$113.88 net cost for 1 R138DP PCM receiver, Rx crystal, 4 S3151 digital servos w/ hardware, 1 6" servo extension, and 1 switch harness with charge jack.

I get my flight pack on the cheap, the auction winner gets a great radio ala carte, and Futaba sells another transmitter. I guess we're all happy.

Reply to
Ed Paasch