good color wireless mini video cam, with battery powered transmitter AND receiver?

i am looking for a small but high quality color wireless video cam, with a receiver that runs on battery power as well as the transmitter. output only needs to be composite (yellow RCA) but s-video would be nice. can anyone recommend one? i would be running 2 cameras so it would need to work on at least a couple different frequencies. audio would be nice but not crucial. budget is $100-125 per camera. thanks in advance!

Reply to
Mad Scientist Jr

Unfortunately, the budget you express will not get the results you wish. A decent CCD board camera will run about 90 bucks by itself usually. There are CMOS ("800mw") systems that can be found on Ebay pretty cheap with an OK picture but high quality they are not. My suggestion would be to check out

Also, go to RCUniverse.com and check the aerial photography/video forum and ask around there. I have experimented with quite a few different systems and the BlackwidowAV equipment is the best I have found for the best price. More than $125 per camera tho!

Reply to
Fubar of The HillPeople

thanks for the information... my budget is not really set in stone. i only said $100 a camera because this is the price they were selling one for at a PC show I was at last year. and that wasn't suitable for r/c air vehicles. thanks again...

Reply to
Mad Scientist Jr

| i am looking for a small but high quality color wireless video cam, | with a receiver that runs on battery power as well as the transmitter. | output only needs to be composite (yellow RCA) but s-video would be | nice. can anyone recommend one? i would be running 2 cameras so it | would need to work on at least a couple different frequencies. audio | would be nice but not crucial. budget is $100-125 per camera. thanks | in advance!

You might try the stuff at

I've not bought anything from them, and the questions I've sent them have gone unanswered, but others have been reasonably happy with stuff they got from them, and the prices are generally low.

Of course, right now everything is out of stock. Not a good sign at all.

Reply to
Doug McLaren