What kind of battery runs a receiver/servo?

I'm a non r/c guy that is about to become an r/c guy. I have scaled up an old Jetco 20 hlg to 36" wingspan. Still no motor, just hi-start launch.
The pod is fat enough to fit a micro receiver and servo in for a rudder only glider. But, what kind of battery supply would I need for this?
4.8 volt 250 mAh

only
Standard receiver pack will work. If you want ballast, go for a large capacity battery. Wouldnt go less than 5/600 mAh myself.
--
Dan
AMA605992

an
Low voltage receivers? Tell me more.
SMB

scaled up

launch.
rudder
this?
I figure the guy already has the ability to charge a standard rx pack if he has RC gear. Standard rx pack is cheap. Standard rx pack is usually about 600 mAh or so. Small rx packs come around 270 mAh or so. No need to buy a pricey LiPo cell, possibly pricey low voltage rx, or LiPo charger. Will a servo run properly on a nominal 3.7 volts? I would go for the lower dollar solution, myself.
--
Dan
AMA605992

But he said 36" span glider - to my mind, that means he wants an all-up weight of 6 oz or so - gonna be tough to do that with a 3.2 oz battery.

Not sure what setup he's actually using. I'd be using a small rx (around 9 gm - there are several available) and a couple of ~4 gm servos (never have the courage for single-channel). I'd probably use a little 2 cell 145 mah lipo, partly because I have a couple of them lying around. And a little brushed motor speed control, with no motor, to let me use the lipo with the rx. He probably doesn't have the lipo, chargers, etc lying around, but a 4C100 nicad pack would work just fine with a little rx & servo, if he has a way to charge it.
--
"Is there such thing as too much of a bad thing?" - Tripping the Rift

From FMA Direct: https://www.fmadirect.com/site/fma.htm?body=Store
M5 Sub Micro Low Voltage Receiver Part Number: 805FM72LV
Full range, full performance.
Low voltage. Operates from 2.7 to 8VDC. Can be powered by a single Lithium Polymer (LiPo) cell or 3 to 5 cell NiCd/NiMH pack.
1.25mm connectors for plug-in compatibility with FMA's LiPo single cell packs, Super 9LV electronic speed control and PS20LV low voltage sub-micro servos.
Dual conversion, narrow band. Can be used with any FM PPM transmitter.
Digital filtering improves noise immunity.
Last good frame hold stabilizes servos when interference is present.
Available with either negative shift (for Futaba, Hitec transmitters) or positive shift (for JR, Airtronics transmitters).
Based on FMA's popular M5 receiver, the M5LV is specially designed for low voltage operation. Ideal for micro and indoor electric-powered aircraft, the M5LV can also be used with small glow-powered aircraft. Small size, light weight and low voltage don't compromise the M5LV's performance-it maintains full range operation and advanced interference rejection.
The M5LV gets its reliability from S.M.A.R.T. (Selective, Microprocessor, Advanced Radio Transmission) decoding. This technology analyzes each frame, ignores noise spikes and operates reliably in the presence of strong interference. The M5LV deals with overwhelming RF noise by sending the last good frame signal to each servo. As a result, the M5LV can fly through even deliberate interference with minimal effect on the flight path.
Save! The M5LV is also available with the Super 9LV ESC, PS20LV servos and 1s LiPo pack in money-saving Low Voltage Flight Packs.
For TX type
Fut/Hitec
JR/Air

the
maintains
frame,
last
even
Sounds very interesting.
Anybody know if it's available on this side of the Pond?
Malcolm