Stimulus package for dummies

I tried to hunt down the details of the package or the actual document itself. What I found is second hand, so it might not be 100% accurate.

This is a stimulus thread! I am trying to stimulate this newsgroup.

********************** $43 billion to provide extended unemployment benefits through Dec. 31, increase them by $25 a week and provide job training

*** Im ok with that. You work your covered.

**********************

$20 billion to increase food stamp benefits by 13 percent

*** Not happy about that one. I was on food stamps as a kid, I was humiliated. I would of rather starved.

***********************

$4 billion to provide a one-time additional Supplemental Security Income payment

****That's it? Lol. It's ridiculous, they are only going to be borrowing from it at the end of the year anyway.

*************************

$2.5 billion in temporary welfare payments

*** IT BEGINS.

**************************

$1 billion for home heating subsidies

***???wtf?

**************************

$1 billion for community action agencies.

***WTF is that gonna stimulate..joy..love? wtf?

*******************

Reply to
vinny

40 billion to subsidize health care insurance for the unemployed under the COBRA program or provide health care through Medicaid *** fishy

***********************

$87 billion to help states with Medicaid

***again with the medicaid? medicaid is welfare? What about medicare???

********************

$20 billion to modernize health information technology systems

*** states responsability if you ask me

**********************

$4 billion for preventative care

***whatever that means?

***********************

$1.5 billion for community health centers

***f*ck, more welfare! Damn you reading this crap CLIFF?

**********************

420 million to combat avian flu

*** Now thats a good stimuls for folks who sell the shots.

*********************

$335 million for programs that combat AIDS, sexually transmitted diseases and tuberculosis

*** 4 billion for preventative care? isnt curing aids, tuberculosus etc.. kinda preventative care??

*********************

Reply to
vinny

$43 billion for transportation projects, including $30 billion for highway and bridge construction and repair and $12 billion for mass transit, including $6 billion to buy transit equipment like buses

*** but only 300 million to cure aids and tuberculoses etc...? hmmmm/////

**********************

$31 billion to build and repair federal buildings and other public infrastructure

*** Again, only 300 million to cure aids, tuberculoses, etc...? 31 friggen billion dollars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!! Shit, the only stimulus there is the folks who work at the mint, they'll be working overtime for a while!

*******************

$19 billion in water projects

*** should be more. Lots of job creation and benefits here.

******************

$10 billion in rail and mass transit projects

*** again, good stuff here, double or triple it

********************

Reply to
vinny

$1 billion for the 2010 Census

***and 300 hundred million to cure aids and tuberculosus. It would seem investing in the health sector is a gimme?

*******************

$500 per-worker, $1,000 per-couple tax cut for two years, costing about $145 billion. Workers could expect to see about $20 a week less withheld from their paychecks starting in June. Millions of Americans who don't make enough money to pay federal income taxes could file returns next year and receive checks

***20 bucks a week? That might dump a little more cash into the black drug market. people will say..."hell I have an extra 20 bucks, lets get an extra rock this weekend honey?' Yes....Only friggen crackheads would give a rats ass about 20 bucks a week when it comes to "stimulating the economy". that is in no way going to make anybody go spend a dime.

************

Thats half of it.....I'm not impressed. I'd say it's 1 part good, 7 parts bad, 3 parts retarded, and 1 part down right evil. So far anyway, giving them the benfit of the doubt.

Reply to
vinny

I skipped the meeting, but the Memos showed that "vinny" wrote on Thu, 29 Jan 2009 03:37:43 -0500 in alt.machines.cnc :

And that's just the good stuff. A 500 million grant to Acorn, to register more dead cartoon characters to vote.

-- pyotr filipivich We will drink no whiskey before its nine. It's eight fifty eight. Close enough!

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

I skipped the meeting, but the Memos showed that "vinny" wrote on Thu, 29 Jan 2009 03:55:01 -0500 in alt.machines.cnc :

It is not a stimulus package, it is a pork bill.

Considering that some of the "stimulus" won't even be spent until

2012. Or 2015. Its pork, pork pork.

But they call it a "stimulus bill" because it stimulates them to feel that they are "doing something".

-- pyotr filipivich We will drink no whiskey before its nine. It's eight fifty eight. Close enough!

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

Funny the actual document is not online where I can find it. The stuff I read never mentioned acorn. if thats true and we are funding acorn with a stimulus package....Good LORD.

Reply to
vinny

John R. Carroll

Well that didn't work.

Go here.

John R. Carroll

shit, ive needed a link to a site like this. Seriously thanks.

Reply to
vinny

DAMNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!

It's like 10 bibles!

Here's a snippet:

$200,000,000, for repair and restoration of facilities; equipment replacement and upgrades including stream gages, and seismic and volcano monitoring systems.

Stimulating the volcanologist field! Now instead of 3 US scientists studing volcanos we can have 4!!!!!!!!!

OH GOD! I gotta paste some of these, there's thousands!!!!!!!!!!!!

Facilities Capital', $150,000,000, for deferred maintenance projects, and for repair, revitalization, and alteration of facilities owned or occupied by the Smithsonian Institution, by contract or otherwise

$88,000,000 shall be for fit-out and other costs related to moving into a facility to be secured through a competitive lease procurement to replace or renovate a headquarters building for Public Health Service agencies and other components of the Department of Health and Human Services; and

OH GOD! LOOK AT THIS ONE:

For an additional amount for `Buildings and Facilities', $500,000,000, to fund high priority repair and improvement projects for National Institutes of Health facilities on the Bethesda, Maryland campus and other agency locations. Screw maryland...friggen washington dc is there, thats why the money!!!! This will stimulate the dead: For an additional amount for `National Cemetery Administration' for monument and memorial repairs, $50,000,000: Provided, That not later than 30 days after the date of enactment of this Act, the Secretary of Veterans Affairs shall submit to the Committees on Appropriations of the House of Representatives and the Senate an expenditure plan for funds provided under this heading.

Reply to
vinny

I skipped the meeting, but the Memos showed that "vinny" wrote on Thu, 29 Jan 2009 15:21:50 -0500 in alt.machines.cnc :

ReadTheStimulous.org is trying to put up the pdf files of the bill as they come out.

THis isn't a stimulus bill, but a porkasaurus.

A real stimulus bill would cut taxes. Now. Fastest way to put cash back into people's pockets. Congress takes thirty days just to decide to order pizza.

-- pyotr filipivich We will drink no whiskey before its nine. It's eight fifty eight. Close enough!

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

well, considering the length of prosperity this country has experienced since jimmi carter went home, i think decreasing taxes has been proved out over spending. Spending was proven a failure by fdr and his totally failed new deal.

And times are bad I know...but only if you lost your job or your an idiot with an adjustable mortgage, or both. If you have a job, and you live within your means folks are doing just fine. Things don't always have to be like the friggen news keeps telling us it is. Car industry in trouble...well damn! Of course it is! IBM had to downsize, soon microsoft will, then someday google will, etc... But not car manufacturers, when times change they don't, instead they try to make us change. Who the hell wants companies around forever? They have to morph, change, dissolve. It's like trees, if theres no fires there's no room for young trees to grow.

Banking industry...awe frig, surprise everyone...who seen that coming? I wish the whole damn industry would collapse. People exchanging money for the mere sake of having middlemen involved...for a fee of course. (but it's safer...ya sure it is. My sister got hit with identity theft hard core...real safe...everyones 401k is fuxored and YOU CANT TAKE IT OUT!! You can't stop it!!!!! Oh yah, your money is safe with the banks controlling it)

Democrats = welfare state. Republicans = liers who claim to be conservative. American voters = cattle.

Reply to
vinny

Clinton was a dem? Are you sure? hmmm, he lowered taxes, shrunk government? No, I think he was republican?

quote:

By the end of 1932 this top rate was raised to 63 percent, and by 1936 it was 79 percent. Roosevelt instituted a vast new array of taxes, including corporate taxes, inheritance taxes, dividend taxes, gift taxes and excise taxes. And he raised them at a faster rate than any president in U.S. history:

sure man. Doesnt matter who created, its the guy who sinks the ship that gets remembered.

lol, be glad to! In fact I need to start doing that again.

The forests dont need to worry about global warming, they need to fear a man with a chainsaw or a torch. Starving people will cut down rainforests for crops. That is the main global warming issue there is. So spend 4 trillion on carbon credits, see what happens to the rainforests.

But is it in your 401k plan?

Reply to
vinny

"vinny" wrote in news:glrqt1$49t$ snipped-for-privacy@solani.org:

The Democrats have stolen the census from the non-partisan commerce dept. Rahm Emanuel is going to be in control of it.

What could possibly go wrong with a partisan hack from Chi-Town in charge of the census?

Rahm's pal Blagojevich is job hunting, maybe he can get him in on the census. Too bad some of his mob pals went to jail this week. They would have made great census takers.

Reply to
D Murphy

BottleBob wrote in news:OKmdnUp-HbHrCAnUnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com:

I don't know about that. But I have written four pieces for magazines and our newsletter recently.

I'll post some more later. I've got a long drive tomorrow.

Reply to
D Murphy