OS 4 Stroke Engine Cleaning

I have an OS 4 stroke engine that has been sitting on the shelf for about a year or so. The prop wont spin as easy as it used to. Anyone have any suggestions on what to do about cleaning the inside engine?

Reply to
Sportfish21

If it will turn over, pour a bit of Marvel air tool oil into the cylinder thru the glow plug hole... Remove the backplate and pour a bit of the same into the crankcase. remove the valve cover and lube the valve train

Turn it over till it frees up, then replace the valve cover, backplate & plug and fire 'er up....

Bill

Reply to
Bill Fulmer

Buddy gave me an old ST .40 engine that was completely siezed up - carb too. Filled it with Marvel Mystery Oil and let it sit.. A week or so later I was able to get it to turn, albeit not easily. Another dose of oil and another week and it turns over freely. Carb barrel rotates easily as well.

I don't see why it wont run after I clean all the excess oil out of it...

Reply to
The OTHER Kevin in San Diego

Flush it out with some clean fuel.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

if its gotten sticky from sitting... you need to disassemble an

inspect.

At a minimum pull the backplate and look for rust inside

-- fhhuber50677

this thread:

fhhuber506771

Hey thanks for all of the info. I will try each idea until it starts working again. Thanks Again

Reply to
Sportfish21