Conversational CAM package

Looking for a conversational style CAM package without having to draw the part. So MasterCAM, Gibbs, BOBCAD are out.

For a Fanuc mill (2.5axis)and lathe(2 axis), also siemens 840 lathe. Import of DXF is an option, and don't need 3D surfacing.

So far I came up with Kipware. Anyone use anything else out there, and what is your expereience with it?

Thanks, samurai.

Reply to
samurai

===================== Whats your budget? What computers/OS are you you using? Whats your level of computer expertese? What cad software do you have?

How complex are the parts? Many curved surfaces/features or mainly straights/flats? I know you said you did not need 3d contouring.

How good (fast) are you at manual gcode programming/editing?

If your parts are pretty basic, and you are conversant in g-coding/editing I may have a no/very low cost solution, given that you have the part prints in dxf and/or dwg format.

Reply to
F. George McDuffee

Dolphin CAD/CAM is a completely customizeable cnc software system. We have many users using it as a conversational package. Regardless of what machine control you have, we'll customize it to your needs.

Let me know if I can be any help.

Reply to
rodneydeeeee

Screen shots showing Dolphin's approach help. Talking about specific Dolphin approaches help. Being able to deal with those who claim spam and not giving a shit what they think helps.

Let me know if you want specifics of what I would like to know / see about Dolphin. Be prepared to do the work to answer my specific questions.

Jon Banquer San Diego,CA

Reply to
jon_banquer

Jon,

I feel up to the task (I think). :) I will say we are in the development of our 3D CAD/CAM system as of now. In regards to 2D /

2.5D / 2-3 axis work, feel free to ask anything. Also, any EDM or Lathe questions, direct them to me also.

Talk soon.

Reply to
rodneydeeeee

I thought you already had a $ 6,500.00 3D CAM package? ( Contrary to your previous claim of $ 300.00 to 1,500.00.)

"I'll tell you why. We sell Dolphin between the prices of $300.00- $1500.00 depending on what exactly the customer needs. Most all shops can afford that as well as hobby users. It's easy yet powerful. We do alot of walk through demos prior to the sale."

IMHO, when I looked at Dolphin a while back your $ 1,500 Partmaster level 3 wasn't an improvement over Bobcad v20. To be fair the 3D level

2 did seem to be a nice step up but at $6.5K it is much more expensive.

Just a thought, you should change the training models you use they look just like the ones that Bobcad and OneCNC use. It makes you look like you all came from the same roots. Which is probably true, didn't all of you start out with that Australian code base?

It's my understanding that a commercial plug if done with taste is not outside the scope of this NG. So good luck with your marketing effort.

Will

Reply to
Will