Designer/machinist needed Greensboro, North Carolina

We are searching for the right team player that can assist us with general and CNC machining of plastics and metal. In addition we need 3-d skills
using Solidworks for creating part drawings and mold drawings. Check out the requirements below and if you understand most then give us a call or email your resume and rate of pay. We are trying to find the right person who likes to build what they design and understands that you have to be good and reasonably fast. This position has great advancement opportunity for the right person. You will be helping to build custom extrusion tooling, injection molds for plastics, inline and offline punch tooling, cnc production machining of plastics set-up and on and on. So, if you like variety and are good at what you do and understand team concepts then we may be the company you have been looking to find for years. We are a growing company. We drug test and do criminal background tests. We demand respect and we offer respect and try to maintain a very level friendly atmoshere that permits excellence at all levels. You can call Marshall Eakes 336-274-1131 x 205 or email: snipped-for-privacy@aeplastics.com Our websites are www.aeplastics.com and www.aimolding.com.
Need most of the following skills---
Good hands on moldmaking skills with tight tolerance. CAD drawing using Solidworks for 3D models. Virtual Gibbs for 3D CNC code generation. (or mastercam..etc) BOBCAD for 2D CAD and some CNC code. Excellent chip cutting skills with Vertical Mills and Lathe 4 axis Wire EDM operation and programming (desireable but we will train for wire edm if needed) Excellent work ethics, attendance, etc.
Please reply to us and not to newsgroups.
Thanks for your time,
Marshall

Is this common?
Regards,
Robin
Robin S. wrote:

Robin, Drug testing is very common here. Large firms certainly do Drug Testing. A Drug Free Workplace environment is now common in my area with shops employing 20 and even fewer employees. I completely support Drug Screening and Drug Testing of employees. Michael
--

Michael Gailey
Artistic CNC Mill, Router and Engraver Programming

Doesn't that scream, "big brother"?
Regards,
Robin

You mean, louder than the recent election results?
It's all in line with the current political philosophy. Which most Americans seem to want, actually. If you consider 51% most....
--Mitch
Robin S. wrote:

It says that we don't want druggies in our place of business. If that offends someone, then we have the right plan in place. Michael
--

Michael Gailey
Artistic CNC Mill, Router and Engraver Programming

Obviously.
Big Brother would rather see people damaging their brains (and of course their children's brains) using 'prescribed' drugs.
You combine that with people who like to drink and you'll have yourself a hell of a work environment. I've seen so much of that it's not funny.
There's just no such thing as a "drug free workplace".
The reactions you are seeing are typical...
"If you don't give your child psychotropic drugs, it's child abuse".
"If you think drug screens are a violation of your privacy, freedoms bla bla... you must be a druggy".
"If you don't want to have a GPS tracking device in your car (a new law trying to pass in California) you must be a criminal".
I've worked for coke addicts at companies that do "drug screens". I've had bosses drink and take out their problems on me.
Give me a break.
Anyhoo, the next phase of freedom violations is to do forced mental-health screening, which is already underway in cities like Chicago.
Some day, in the not to distant future, this subject will come up again and we'll be hearing people say "Oh, yeah... forced mental-health screens are good for us!", to which I will ramble on about mandatory microchip implants for employment...
Then later it will be "Oh sure, local prison camps are what we need to keep those terrorists from harming us". I'll be one of the first people thrown in just for writing this post.
It's only going to get worse Robin. Kudos to you for having the courage to question policies.
Now if you'll excuse me, I need to finish my concept sketches for the "Amero" Coin Design Contest.
Your not allowed to have any US presidents on them, because the new currency will represent Canada, Mexico, Brazil etc. I'll just put lots of stars on em. Everyone likes stars!
Mike Wilson
http://www.arnoldexposed.com
Gunner Lied:

Bullshit, Gunner. Such tests _already_ exist. Typically somewhat like a video game, doing reaction-time testing, and perhaps other things depending on the nature of the job. Not able to do the task in the test, not allowed to operate the train, press, plane, whatever. Perhaps even get the breathalyzer, piss, blood, and/or other test - for cause - unless you want to be fired.

Of course, actual safety (even from people impaired on legal drugs) does not fit with the actual agenda of the people who prefer expensive piss testing to get rid of all those employees who eat poppyseed bagels, who show up as heroin addicts on the cheesy tests.

On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 22:37:13 GMT, Ecnerwal

Yes such tests do exist. They are expensive, time consuming and a number of them involve equipment that requires a lab tech to operate.
And they are often wrong. Im an ex cop. I can "usually" tell if someone is on drugs and can often times tell you which one. Now to prove that to the courts or to the labor board will require at the minimum, a blood or piss test and a certified analysis from a certified lab.
Please point out which common field test, other than the breathyliser will point out not only how much drugs by percentage are in your system, but which drug, and wether or not you are impaired or not.
Even the breath test will not point out if you are impaired, only how much blood alcohol you have in your system. Those numbers are based on Averages, to determine amount of impairment.
I know a tile setter that will generally blow a .16 (twice the legal limit) and still does beautiful work, and you cannot tell he is drunk. At the same time I know a young girl who can blow a .05 and be falling down.

And those who eat poppy seed bagles simply ask that a further test be done, and the results will clear them of opiate useage.
Dont know much about the subject, do you....?
Gunner
"If I'm going to reach out to the the Democrats then I need a third hand.There's no way I'm letting go of my wallet or my gun while they're around."
"Democrat. In the dictionary it's right after demobilize and right before demode` (out of fashion). -Buddy Jordan 2001
said:

Under my insurance poilcy, all positives must be sent to a lab for confirmation.

Budda bing. Exactly.
There are a number of legal drugs, and natural substances that will give false positives, but are easily determined in a lab, using gas spectroanylasis. Not something the safety manager is likely to have in his office.
Gunner
"If I'm going to reach out to the the Democrats then I need a third hand.There's no way I'm letting go of my wallet or my gun while they're around."
"Democrat. In the dictionary it's right after demobilize and right before demode` (out of fashion). -Buddy Jordan 2001

"As long as we may think as we will, and speak as we think the condition of men will proceed in improvement" Thomas Jefferson
Kman
I missed the staff meeting but the minutes show Gunner
in misc.survivalism :

    Anyone who has "detox" experience can tell stories of the guy who come in, nice suit, clear speech, and has a BAC "enough to stun an Elephant."
    I have heard that "evidence" is piling up that, yes, some people can handle their booze better than others, and it isn't just a matter of body weight. All I know is that I am not one of them. (Make me a cheap date.) I learned the hard way, trying to keep up with two guys who's livers were in shape from regular workouts.
tschus pyotr
-- pyotr filipivich Denial is not a river in Egypt, "Denial is a save-now-pay-later scheme, a contract written entirely in small print, for in the long run, the denying person knows the truth on some level." LTC Grossman.

I (Ecnerwal) wrote:

And now gunner says:

So first you say they don't, and now you say they do. Flip-flopper.

And then you start lying about the cost, time, complexity; and you previously lied about worker acceptance - most places that use such tests report that workers are far happier knowing that everyone around them has had to take exactly the same test they did to get onto the job site, and is functional _today_. The cost of a machine or set of machines (bought once) to test every worker every day is diddly compared to the cost (every single test) to "randomly" collect piddle. Most require nobody to operate them but the worker, and take only a minute or so. The information is freely available on the web.

As I've said, I really don't care what you're on, or if you're on nothing at all - the _impairment_ test has no need to determine that. If the test shows that you are _impaired_, you can either get fired on the spot, or take a sick day and go get any number of tests to show exactly what you are or are not on when you fail the test. And you _don't_ get to go to work while you are a danger to others, regardless of whether you are a danger to others because you didn't sleep last night, or you got drunk last night, or you got drunk this morning, or you have a legal prescription for oxycontin, or you had your maid get you oxycontin illegally. I really don't feel a bit better about getting killed by some guy who's "just sleep deprived" or "just drunk" or "just has an ear infection" than I do about getting killed my some guy who's "stoned".
Personally, I stick to caffeine, theobromine, and a very small amount of ethanol in the appropriate time relationship to working. But that does not mean I have any interest in working at places which are more interested in "reefer madness" than they are in "worker safety".

You guys ever thought about running for politics? He said, she said, he lied........geez. "Can't we all just get along?" :-)

test,

Emperical data seem to suggest that the answer is "no".
I had to dig deeeeep into the archives for this one...
http://www.mikejwilson.com/c2c/coasttocoast_may-04-2004_part-2.zip http://www.mikejwilson.com/c2c/coasttocoast_may-04-2004_part-3.zip http://www.mikejwilson.com/c2c/coasttocoast_may-04-2004_part-4.zip
I highly recommend you guys download these and give them a listen.
The first part mainly centers around thought reading technology, so you guys can ignore it if you want. I scanned yours and there really isn't anything to write home about (I'm joking!).
The second and third parts have some unique view points that may educate? You really have to listen to the whole thing to get the proper context for the points they make.
It's very eirie how some of the callers talk about things that are in this thread.
If you're too lazy to listen, have one of your friends do it. See what they think. I've never heard anyone talk like this before.
Mike Wilson

SWuser wrote:

Kill filing everything cross posted to 'misc.survivalism' will get rid of a substantial portion of the inane drivel.
--
Black Dragon /"\ ASCII ribbon campaign
\ / against HTML mail and

campaign