Designer/machinist needed Greensboro, North Carolina

We are searching for the right team player that can assist us with general and CNC machining of plastics and metal. In addition we need 3-d skills using Solidworks for creating part drawings and mold drawings. Check out the requirements below and if you understand most then give us a call or email your resume and rate of pay. We are trying to find the right person who likes to build what they design and understands that you have to be good and reasonably fast. This position has great advancement opportunity for the right person. You will be helping to build custom extrusion tooling, injection molds for plastics, inline and offline punch tooling, cnc production machining of plastics set-up and on and on. So, if you like variety and are good at what you do and understand team concepts then we may be the company you have been looking to find for years. We are a growing company. We drug test and do criminal background tests. We demand respect and we offer respect and try to maintain a very level friendly atmoshere that permits excellence at all levels. You can call Marshall Eakes

336-274-1131 x 205 or email: snipped-for-privacy@aeplastics.com Our websites are
and

Need most of the following skills---

Good hands on moldmaking skills with tight tolerance. CAD drawing using Solidworks for 3D models. Virtual Gibbs for 3D CNC code generation. (or mastercam..etc) BOBCAD for 2D CAD and some CNC code. Excellent chip cutting skills with Vertical Mills and Lathe

4 axis Wire EDM operation and programming (desireable but we will train for wire edm if needed) Excellent work ethics, attendance, etc.

Please reply to us and not to newsgroups.

Thanks for your time,

Marshall

Reply to
MarshallE

Is this common?

Regards,

Robin

Reply to
Robin S.

Robin, Drug testing is very common here. Large firms certainly do Drug Testing. A Drug Free Workplace environment is now common in my area with shops employing 20 and even fewer employees. I completely support Drug Screening and Drug Testing of employees. Michael

Reply to
Michael

Cool.. nice to see some more $30 an hour paying jobs...

Mike

Reply to
Mike In Santa Cruz

Doesn't that scream, "big brother"?

Regards,

Robin

Reply to
Robin S.

You mean, louder than the recent election results?

It's all in line with the current political philosophy. Which most Americans seem to want, actually. If you consider 51% most....

--Mitch

Reply to
Mitch

It says that we don't want druggies in our place of business. If that offends someone, then we have the right plan in place. Michael

Reply to
Michael

I doubt it is an hourly rate job. Skills required should start at about $80,000 per year salary. It is probably a 60 hour a week job, and at $30 per hour, the overtime would be cost prohibitive.

Reply to
Bill Roberto

How about sharing the companies pay range and benefits upfront.

We are trying to find the right person

By what quantitative standards do you measure "fast", "understands they have to be good", "reasonably fast", "excellent work ethics", "good attendance"

This position has great advancement opportunity for

Please explain in more detail what the advancement opportunities are? What is the position title? What is your companies annual percentage growth rate and current revenues? How long has your company been in business? How many people are in your organization? How many persons in your engineering group?

You will be helping to build custom extrusion tooling,

If someone has a former criminal record (this has many meanings and definitions) and meets all the above job requirements will they be excluded? I agree with the drug testing

Kman

We demand respect

Reply to
Kman

Corporations big and small today are finding out that what's best to create this friendly atmosphere as you call it, what has to happen to create excellence in a workforce, is a kind of culture needs to be formed in small groups, perhaps a payed consultant on Friday's whom comes in to enhance personal well being by way of Meditation, Yoga, Tea or Therapeutic drugs.

Compare these trends coming in corporate culture today to that of culture in the 1960's. Meditation, Yoga, and Psychedelic drugs. When the wheel goes around it comes around, lava lamps, insense, and Psychedelic lights.

Marshal do you have plans to implement any of these services ?

John

Reply to
John Scheldroup

Obviously.

Big Brother would rather see people damaging their brains (and of course their children's brains) using 'prescribed' drugs.

You combine that with people who like to drink and you'll have yourself a hell of a work environment. I've seen so much of that it's not funny.

There's just no such thing as a "drug free workplace".

The reactions you are seeing are typical...

"If you don't give your child psychotropic drugs, it's child abuse".

"If you think drug screens are a violation of your privacy, freedoms bla bla... you must be a druggy".

"If you don't want to have a GPS tracking device in your car (a new law trying to pass in California) you must be a criminal".

I've worked for coke addicts at companies that do "drug screens". I've had bosses drink and take out their problems on me.

Give me a break.

Anyhoo, the next phase of freedom violations is to do forced mental-health screening, which is already underway in cities like Chicago.

Some day, in the not to distant future, this subject will come up again and we'll be hearing people say "Oh, yeah... forced mental-health screens are good for us!", to which I will ramble on about mandatory microchip implants for employment...

Then later it will be "Oh sure, local prison camps are what we need to keep those terrorists from harming us". I'll be one of the first people thrown in just for writing this post.

It's only going to get worse Robin. Kudos to you for having the courage to question policies.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to finish my concept sketches for the "Amero" Coin Design Contest.

Your not allowed to have any US presidents on them, because the new currency will represent Canada, Mexico, Brazil etc. I'll just put lots of stars on em. Everyone likes stars!

Mike Wilson

Mike J. Wilson

Hi,

It is really interesting to see how responses can vary. A few remind me of people that I have worked with before....they spend many hours per week "at work" debating topics that have very little to do with their work and then complain that they need more help in order to get their job done. I tried to describe the ideal candidate for the job that we are currently hiring for. Someone mentioned big brother...perhaps that is a good example used a different way as we are looking for someone that can assist and help us to grow thereby creating opportunities for both.......big brother.

If interested, please reply to my email address with your resume and salary requirement.

We are a small company by some standards and larger by others. We fit in the less than 5 million in sales with total employees averaging around 20. Our extrusion and molding operates 24 hours per day 5 days per week.

In the past we believed that the correct approach was to have a "college degree mechanical engineer/designer" and an excellent "machinist/mold-maker". It may still be a good approach for some but we would like to locate the individual that enjoys designing and building. On a corporate level we believe that total cost will be less and job enjoyment will be a win/win. Our goal is to be highly competitive and profitable and the methods used several years ago don't seem to work in today's workplace.

Rate of pay depends upon so many variables. I believe that we are competitive to start and then rise above market as we find the right choices. With each time we hire our goal is to trade up....not down...not sideways. We have not spent much time looking on a local basis as we have had success using newsgroups.

If you feel that you are not the correct candidate but know some who is then please share with them our contact information.

You can call Marshall Eakes 336-274-1131 x 205 or email: snipped-for-privacy@aeplastics.com Our websites are

and
We are located in Greensboro, North Carolina.

Best Wishes and thanks,

Marshall

Reply to
MarshallE

Marshall, What an intelligent response, hopefully these posters who don't like drug tests and only care about the pay rate don't speak for the majority of people available, or we are all gonna be speaking Chinese.

Reply to
Mike Z.

Gunner Lied:

Bullshit, Gunner. Such tests _already_ exist. Typically somewhat like a video game, do> A test for "impaired" would be rather simple but probably

Of course, actual safety (even from people impaired on legal drugs) does not fit with the actual agenda of the people who prefer expensive piss testing to get rid of all those employees who eat poppyseed bagels, who show up as heroin addicts on the cheesy tests.

Reply to
Ecnerwal

I'm in So Cal. and it's pretty much the norm out here.

Malcontent

Reply to
Malcolm_Tempt

It is amazing to me that I have had very resumes for this job. I guess the people that are qualified are very satisfied. Perhaps another way to say it is....

If you earn less than $20 per hour and believe that you are qualified then you should send a resume right now! If you earn less than $30 per hour and you are qualified then I suggest that you send your resume and current pay history for review. If you earn more than $30 per hour and you believe that you are over qualified...then send your resume...etc.

If you would fail a drug test then do not apply.....

Ok...back to the other posters about drugs..etc..

Thanks,

Marshall

Reply to
MarshallE

Yes such tests do exist. They are expensive, time consuming and a number of them involve equipment that requires a lab tech to operate.

And they are often wrong. Im an ex cop. I can "usually" tell if someone is on drugs and can often times tell you which one. Now to prove that to the courts or to the labor board will require at the minimum, a blood or piss test and a certified analysis from a certified lab.

Please point out which common field test, other than the breathyliser will point out not only how much drugs by percentage are in your system, but which drug, and wether or not you are impaired or not.

Even the breath test will not point out if you are impaired, only how much blood alcohol you have in your system. Those numbers are based on Averages, to determine amount of impairment.

I know a tile setter that will generally blow a .16 (twice the legal limit) and still does beautiful work, and you cannot tell he is drunk. At the same time I know a young girl who can blow a .05 and be falling down.

And those who eat poppy seed bagles simply ask that a further test be done, and the results will clear them of opiate useage.

Dont know much about the subject, do you....?

Gunner

"If I'm going to reach out to the the Democrats then I need a third hand.There's no way I'm letting go of my wallet or my gun while they're around."

"Democrat. In the dictionary it's right after demobilize and right before demode` (out of fashion).

-Buddy Jordan 2001

Reply to
Gunner

The case for consumption has been made. You have yet to convince anyone of imparement.

Do you see what I'm getting at, or are we on different pages?

Regards,

Robin

Reply to
Robin S.

I think you're being facetious but seriously, what constitutes a fail?

I'm asking because drug laws in Canada are *different* than those in the US, AFAIK.

Regards,

Robin

Reply to
Robin S.

Under my insurance poilcy, all positives must be sent to a lab for confirmation.

Reply to
North