Designer/machinist needed Greensboro, North Carolina

Endorphines. The brains answer to super heroin.

Gunner

"If I'm going to reach out to the the Democrats then I need a third hand.There's no way I'm letting go of my wallet or my gun while they're around."

"Democrat. In the dictionary it's right after demobilize and right before demode` (out of fashion).

-Buddy Jordan 2001

Reply to
Gunner

Sorry for being stupid but how do I "Kill filing everything cross posted to 'misc.survivalism'"?

Reply to
SWuser

Big Gold Star!

And Parkinsons does NOT impare ones ability to perform their job fucntion for most trades. Brain surgeon or diamond cutter......

Gunner

"If I'm going to reach out to the the Democrats then I need a third hand.There's no way I'm letting go of my wallet or my gun while they're around."

"Democrat. In the dictionary it's right after demobilize and right before demode` (out of fashion).

-Buddy Jordan 2001

Reply to
Gunner

I see you have never done a roadside sobriety test. Virtually every subject will stare at on coming headlights, which will pinpoint pupils. Hence the need to be sure your subject is facing away from the traffic stream and the eyes have a chance to open.

Details, details details

Gunner

"If I'm going to reach out to the the Democrats then I need a third hand.There's no way I'm letting go of my wallet or my gun while they're around."

"Democrat. In the dictionary it's right after demobilize and right before demode` (out of fashion).

-Buddy Jordan 2001

Reply to
Gunner

message

Yup, just as addicting. How's it going Gunner?

Reply to
Bill Roberto

OK Cliff , go back and re-read your post...no, n/m, here it is:

The way you state it implies that meth users will_immediately_have pinpoint pupils, when in fact, it's the reaction time that's the indicator.

No, accuracy, accuracy, accuracy. If you'd said "slow reaction to light...ayup...", etc., I'd have no issue.

- DW

Reply to
DW

I missed the staff meeting but the minutes show Gunner wrote back on Tue, 23 Nov 2004 19:09:41 GMT in misc.survivalism :

We're told we need to get our pulse rate up and the blood flowing for twenty minutes. That's why I start the day with a cigarettes and a cup of coffee.

There is something else which does the same, but this is a family newsgroup.

Oooh, yessss.

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

But that's the issue that Gunner is failing to recognise (or acknowledge).

Just because someone has been using a substance doesn't mean they use it in a chronic fashion or are addicted.

Lots of people drink - doesn't mean they're alcoholics.

Regards,

Robin

Reply to
Robin S.

The example I've seen tests motor and cognitive ability, and would run on a laptop and maybe even the better PDAs. It only takes a few minutes, certainly much less than a drug test, and gives instant results. It does not distinguish between various causes of impairment, such as drugs v. simple fatigue. It's cheap, reliable and non-invasive, too.

So, naturally, there's no market for it. Much better to get the guy who smoked a joint 2 weeks ago and let your hung-over, over tired or caffeine addled employees keep operating that heavy equipment, right? Government regulation of worker's compensation insurance and employer liability very frequently offer employers financial incentives for drug testing programs, only. In FL, I think it's a 5% discount on worker's comp rates.

Research shows that cops overestimate their ability to detect alcohol or drug impairment, more so for the latter, less so for the former.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeffrey McCann

You've created a post monster! Someone has to be responsible

Kman

Reply to
Kman

I'm all for this sort of test.

After all how many pot smokers (non-alcoholic) do you know who beat their wives and abuse their kids ? I dont know any nor have I personally heard of any potheads who do. However I know many drunks who do and have heard my share of other horror stories involving drunks.

Reply to
North

I used to work with a guy who had a serious drug problem. You could tell the days when he WASN'T high, he pulled his hat down low, and wore sunglasses to keep the ceiling lights from blinding him. One Monday he didn't show up. About 10am the OWNER left to go bail him out of jail so he could drive the fork truck around, unload trucks, move material and chip drums. He had been busted late the night before, driving after burning crack cocaine and heroin all weekend.

Reply to
philb

Yep. Me, too. Only tea instead of coffee.

That, too. ;o) Sue

Reply to
Sue

Fking cops are dangerous criminals with guns. They lie, they steal, they cheat and they sit around complaining they're not "compensated" enough. When you drive by a parking lot at night here you'll see two cop cars 69-ing and hours later you drive by again and the 2 cars are still there.

Reply to
Laz

Actually..most of them are not. However it takes only a few bad actors to give them a really bad name.

Gunner

"If I'm going to reach out to the the Democrats then I need a third hand.There's no way I'm letting go of my wallet or my gun while they're around."

"Democrat. In the dictionary it's right after demobilize and right before demode` (out of fashion).

-Buddy Jordan 2001

Reply to
Gunner

Making it. I could use a bit more work..shrug..but Im almost covering expenses.

The ticker is holding out fine and dandy now that Im buying most of my meds. Two of them are still too expensive..shrug.

I saw that you bailed on the gear shop. Not knowing the details I witheld comment. But I think you did the right thing. You do what you do damned well and are extremely well thought of by your clients. I suspect we share a few as some of mine know you, or of you.

Thanks for asking. Hope you have a marvelous Thanksgiving.

Gunner

"If I'm going to reach out to the the Democrats then I need a third hand.There's no way I'm letting go of my wallet or my gun while they're around."

"Democrat. In the dictionary it's right after demobilize and right before demode` (out of fashion).

-Buddy Jordan 2001

Reply to
Gunner

Reply to
Cliff

Of course not. There are lots of weekend recreational uses. None of them will be working for me however.

Of course not.

Gunner

"If I'm going to reach out to the the Democrats then I need a third hand.There's no way I'm letting go of my wallet or my gun while they're around."

"Democrat. In the dictionary it's right after demobilize and right before demode` (out of fashion).

-Buddy Jordan 2001

Reply to
Gunner

I have a customer in Stafford Arizona with an Akira Sieki looking for some help with the toolchanger. E-mail me if you are interested.

Reply to
Bill Roberto

Is there a newsreader that can plonk a thread?

Reply to
Dale Dunn