P51 and JU52 Best kits?

I am going to add two kits to the stash. I'd be interested in a bit of input from the group. Scale is 1:48, styrene, Who makes the best P-51 Mustang kit? Who makes the best JU 52 kit? Best = fit, accuracy, greatest potential for IPMS contest entry, out of box. Thanks, Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Apple

IMHO, for the P-51D, it's Tamiya. Engineering and fit are superb, nice deep wheel wells and dropped flaps. The Hasegawa kit comes in a fairly close second.

Revell/Monogram make the only Ju 52 in 1/48th, but it's one of the best plastic model kits ever made. The ProModeler boxing will give you the best choice of weapons. Revell of Germany has also released it in civilian airliner markings.

HTH

Reply to
Jim Whitley

Bruce:

JU-52; there is only one in 1/48. Revell - Monogram. P-51; most seem to agree on Tamiya.

Bill Shuey

Bruce Apple wrote:

Reply to
William H. Shuey