[Q] I-400 and M6A1 seiran photos?

I am currently building a diorama of a 1/48 M6A1 Seiran seaplane folded up and being moved into the storage tube of a I400 submarine.

Do any photos of the submarine exist? I need some details for the door area to base my scratchbuild on.

Reply to
Sir Loin of Beef

There was such a diorama at the Chicago IPMS nationals.

Air and Space magazine had a story on these a year or two ago, which included a illustrated poster. Don't remember what it had for actual pics but I can look tonight.

Tom

Reply to
Tom Hiett

Monogram Close-Up # 13 [Seiran] has a bunch of pictures of the I-400.

Mark Schynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert

How about closeups of the lanch rail and how the dolly fits the rail?

Are the Seirans launched without the floats from the I400? When are the floats fitted on?

Reply to
Sir Loin of Beef

"Mark Schynert" wrote

***** Climbing on board with a related question. - Where were the float pylons stored? Did they go in the main tube with the airframe or in the side tubes with the floats? Just kind of wondering where the diorama builders [and the Japanese] put them. Thanks - cheers - Jim. [The x thingys in my address are SPAM blockers - I hope].
Reply to
Jim

Good question.

Spirits of Tamiya showed a model with all the wings folded, and the floats were stored in the side chambers. The fuselage on the dolly track didn't appear to have any float pylons. Has anyone else tried doing a wingfold diorama?

"Jim" wrote:

Reply to
Sir Loin of Beef

I'm currently working on the Seiran cockpit. Tamiya's instructions say XF-22 RLM grey for the whole cockpit, but I think there's detail to be picked out here. Unfortunatley, I can't find any reference photos anywhere. Does anyone know how I can color detail the cockpit?

snipped-for-privacy@pacific.net.sg (Sir Lo>I am currently building a diorama of a 1/48 M6A1 Seiran seaplane

Reply to
Sir Loin of Beef

snipped-for-privacy@pacific.net.sg (Sir Loin of Beef) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.starhub.net.sg:

There was an article in the Air & Space magazine hmm how long back, before I got married so before June 2002, maybe somewhere first quarter

2002 that looked at the Seiran that the NASM has. Lots of good pictures, obviously not all period but at least something. I would be more specific but stuff is still packed away.

Frank

Reply to
Gray Ghost

Reply to